Renewing Taiwan Driver's Licenses

Hi - I’ve tried searching, but all that comes up is renewing other countries’ licenses.

Does anyone know how to go about renewing car and scooter licenses?

Thanks!

[quote=“buddahian”]Hi - I’ve tried searching, but all that comes up is renewing other countries’ licenses.

Thanks![/quote]

if you have the usual drivers and motorcycle license, I think they modified the regulation to make the licenses valid for life.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“buddahian”]Hi - I’ve tried searching, but all that comes up is renewing other countries’ licenses.

Thanks![/quote]

if you have the usual drivers and motorcycle license, I think they modified the regulation to make the licenses valid for life.[/quote]

Wow! :slight_smile:

Thanks for this heads up. It looks like you are right:

That’s one less thing to worry about. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the replies!

This is great news. Is there anything official written about it?

I don’t think this information is accurate. My license recently expired and got it renewed at the Taipei City Motor Vehicles Office office along Bade Road. Being my second renewal, they renewed it for 6 years and was told that that was the maximum period that it can be renewed for. So subsequent renewals would have to be done every 6 years.

I specifically asked if it could be longer and the lady’s reply was that 6 years is the maximum. If the laws have been amended to provide for a lifelong license, I’m pretty sure she would’ve mentioned that. TCMVO website is at tpcmv.thb.gov.tw/emp.aspx.

This Link: naso.pixnet.net/blog/post/408730 … D%E8%B7%91

Is only for Taiwanese People, for foreigners this is not valid.

Ralf

At least we can be happy that we no longer have to go down there every year and get it stamped with our new ARC.

Taiwan ID, and APRC holders applying for licences or renewals receive licenses with NO expiry date.

I have an APRC and the expiration boxes have been crossed out on my car and scooter license. I got them in 2013.

ARC holders? I don’t know.

[quote=“neesh”]Taiwan ID, and APRC holders applying for licences or renewals receive licenses with NO expiry date.

I have an APRC and the expiration boxes have been crossed out on my car and scooter license. I got them in 2013.

ARC holders? I don’t know.[/quote]

I just converted my TX US license, it’s 6 years my ARC expires in 2017.