Renovating apt: Worth selling old doors and lights?

I’m in the process of having my apartment renovated and I’m wondering whether it’s worth trying to sell some heavy sliding glass doors (for a Japanese-styled room), a couple of decent looking hinged doors, and a bunch of different lights, or shall I just leave it to the people renovating to do sell/dispose of them?

If it’s worth me trying to sell, should I just try to find some FB groups to advertise on, or are there companies that will buy/collect them?

You won’t get anywhere with the lights. Unless your taking down some chandeliers, new light fixtures can be bought for around 1k a pop. If you want to scrape a few pennies together you could try taking them down to the recycling centre and trying to scrap them.

As for the doors: when we renovated our place we also scrapped our old doors. The old doors were some sort of shitty plastic material and nobody wanted them. In the end we had to call the environment bureau to come and take them away.

Good to know. The lights aren’t chandeliers but they’re pretty design-y… just not my cuppa tea. I would guess they were ~8000 new, but probably worthless now. The doors supposedly cost about $10,000 each and the sliding doors probably double that. Just seems a shame to through 'em out.
Cheers for replying!

Instead of selling old stuff to other people, see if you can continue using some of the old stuff. Many interior designers will try to replace everything so they can make more money off of you in the process. (They will gut the entire place if you don’t specify what items you want salvaged.) But if you see a perfectly good window or a water heater that still works fine (or one that would continue working if you just replaced the circuit board), tell your decorator that you don’t want them replaced. You’ll save on the overall renovation cost.

We did try to think of creative ways to repurpose that stuff, but in the end just threw it all out. :frowning:

The sliding glass door could become an office desk if the glass is strong enough.