Renovations

I’m renovating a three story house in exchange for rent. I’ve never done anything like this before so I thought I would ask for any tips. We will basically strip everything down to the crumbling walls. My first question is about removing floor tiles. Has anyone tried this? Is there a machine for this? Anything to consider before I begin?

Maybe consider finding other way to earn money :joy:, but if you really want to do that it’s not easy job and involves many things. First of all owner needs a license to make renovation. Can start without that but probably some of your neighbors will call inspection after they hear noise and you can get into trouble. Are you just refreshing that place or thinking to change some walls, build bathroom or kitchen? To remove tiles you need handheld hydraulic pick hammer, bags and rent a truck who will pick up that trash. You can pm me with specific questions. I’ve done remodeling back home and here in Taiwan.

Please provide us with regular progress reports.

Schadenfreude?

I don’t think it works with possible future events.

EDIT: Actually I think it can. So, yes. Although the OP is an enviable position in being allowed to learn DIY hands-on at no financial risk to themself.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Nik1. I won’t be constructing anything, I would much rather have someone else do that. I just figured that I could save some money by clearing everything out that I didn’t want to keep. My wife tells me that this whole project is “impossible” so, of course, I need to show her what I am capable of. This place is a real shithole so I will try and post some picks of what I am up against. I’ll start looking for a hydraulic pick hammer now :slight_smile:

Congrats on the hands on approach. I would love to fix my house myself too. Best of luck and keep us posted.