Rent a scooter in Taipei?

I need a 50cc desperately for two months.

Thank you.

I can rent you my scooter for two months. I hardly ever ride it because since I live in the countryside, it’s much more convenient to drive my car, and parking is never a problem here.

It’s a 1991 Honda with a 125 cc two-stroke engine. Even though it’s 11 years old, I’ve maintained it well, so it runs great, and it always passes the emissions control tests.

The only inconvenience is that I live in Jiayi County. But it’s very convenient to ship a scooter on the train, and it probably only costs about 1000 NT each way to ship it to Taipei. (I’ll call the train station later to find out the exact price.)

If you’d like to rent it, make me an offer.

Mark

I’ve never tried it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if you went to your friendly neighborhood bike shop and told them what you needed, they’d rustle up something for you without any extra hassle. Maybe. Worth a try.

Call Jeremy 0926283300 although he prefers loner term.

bri

My brother is here for a month, I want to rent a scooter for him. Do you know where I can do that?

Thanks,

Bike Farm is run by a decent English guy.

bikefarm.j321.com/

What about Tamshui? I’d like to take the MRT up there and then rent for the day.

There is a motorscooter rental place right across from the MRT in Danshui, they rent 125cc at around NT$900 per day. But as of this April they have new management and will not rent to foreigners (even the 50cc scooters). I think that if you have a Taiwanese license they should not give you any problems.

Hi all, where is a suitable place to rent motorbikes in Taipei? What is the estimated rate for a small scooter? Also, as a foreigner would they require my license? I didn’t bring it along. Is my passport sufficient? I’m also interested in riding around the Danshuei area and Beitou.

Thanks in advance for any kind advice :slight_smile:

I need to rent or borrow a scooter for a day this weekend. Just a regular 125 or 150 is fine. Has anyone seen a scooter rental shop in Taipei City? The kind of shop they have loads of in Hualian, Kending, those kinds of places?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You can use my commercial SYM Wild Wolf 125cc if you like. You break it, you fix it though. I’m at Shilin MRT station if you want it. I’m driving to Taichung Saturday morning and won’t need it. PM if you’re interested.

[quote=“sulavaca”]You can use my commercial SYM Wild Wolf 125cc if you like. You break it, you fix it though. I’m at Shilin MRT station if you want it. I’m driving to Taichung Saturday morning and won’t need it. PM if you’re interested.[/quote]Thanks very much for the offer. Actually, I had another bike loan offer, closer to home, so I’m sorted now. Cheers anyway.

delete

Hi xitdude,

I just rented a 125cc scotter in Taipei City, near the Mainstation.

The scooter store is located at 承德路。。I forgot the number, its near 南京东路

The store rents 650 NT / Day, scooter are pretty shitty but for day its ok.

You need a local licence and ARC card.