Renting contract

Hi there,

my girlfriend is about to sign a short term rental (3 months) and the landlord wants to use a “default contract” (?) for this: https://www.land.moi.gov.tw/law/new/667-N2.pdf

She said you usually go to bookstore and print/buy it there? Is this the norm?
Is this default contract available in english anywhere, so I can take a look at it as well?

Thanks!

yes easy to pick up and use, i think there is a space to add any extras you want in the contract.

Can she understand the contract? if not never sign anything you dont understand.

Well the thing is I’m living there with her, so I want to understand it as well. Don’t want to be thrown out because the contract favours the landlord :sweat_smile:
Also what about if something is wrong and we want to move out earlier - is it possible with a 3 months contract.

Just curious if someone already translated this contract (as it seems to be a default one and already exists long time).

i think there is a 2month notice period on both sides, i have never seen an english version of it, but they are pretty balanced on both sides. a lot of people use them thats why they are so easy to find, we rented are last apartment with one, this one started with an individual contract that cost 1\2 months rent, when we renewed we just switched to the book one (we get on with the landlord). we also rent out a small property we own and use one of these contracts, saves on all the fee’s for an individual contract.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience!

You can pick them up in your local 7-11 or a book store and you can’t sign away your legal rights. Notice period is equal to the payment period so paying rent by month means a month’s notice or a month’s deposit forfeit in lieu of notice.

1 Like
3 Likes