Reported leak at China nuclear power plant

Please remember. As per many great arguments here, and abroad.

Nuclear power is safe, clean and…safe

Sustainable is baaaaaaaaaaad!

Chinese made products are… for the economy. So, good!

Independent thought baaaaaaaaaaad!

CCP virus wasnt covered up by the ccp.

WHO cooperating with ccp baaaaaaaaaaad! Shit, i meant gooooooooooooood!

We are all fine.

Please keep ignoring facts and continue living in your lovely bubble :slight_smile:

We all agree that the CCP is bad and cant be trusted.

What I dont get is that on here people use that as an excuse to extrapolate any kind of fantasy and present them as basic facts.

2 Likes

I just watched this video, quite interesting: Taishan Nuclear Leak, Suspicious Behind, Will U.S. Provide Technical Support? - YouTube

I agree. I cannot, for the life of me, understand the fantasy here that nuclear power is safe in taiwan. I really am curious what causes such a blind faith with people towards their governments. If you find the answer, please share :slight_smile:

In fairness it should be pointed out that Hong Kong imports electricity from Nuclear power stations in China.

I’m sure they were carefully consulted when the location these plants was determined.

Guy

Well there is the option of not buying it

I’m surprised you think that the authorities in HK making such decisions are anything but Beijing’s lackies.

Of course they will follow the script.

Guy

1 Like

I was assuming that consumers in HK can choose which power companies to purchase from. Market economy blah blah
But I’d have to Google to find out if that is correct.

1 Like

I don’t know either!

I simply felt sorry for people in HK, dealing with possible consequences of planning decisions that they had no part in.

Guy

1 Like

Up date, there are two main companies and only one imports nuclear from China. As per wikipedia

For those that buy the produce it can be argued that they do have a part in it. I mean if you are completely against something you don’t support it economically by buying the product. Obviously for those that didnt buy it you can easily argue that they had no part.

2 Likes

Maybe because you aren’t familiar with the better Gen. IV designs.

Yes yes. On paper the latest tech always looks dandy.

But please point out what we have runnin right now in taiwan and the awesomeness that is our government with ther handling of them. Thats the point. As i keep repeating here hehe. Im not anti nuclear. I am anti nuclear here, because of human issues such as corruption and negative shits given towards the envirionment and even human health. The fantasy world oyster above mentions dumbfounds me in how unrealistic and naive we all have become.

Howeevr, like solar and other renewables, i say keep developing. Absolutely. Nuclear has massive benfits. But as is, seems like a risk and just because coal is dirtier doesnt really strike me as the miracle cure some like to pretend it is…aka, fantasy :slight_smile:

Can residents in HK actually power their light switches based on different power suppliers? I had no idea, seems.unlikely but would love to know more!

Condo 102A gets chinese nuclear and 102B gets the other companies alternative? If so, thats some pretty massive infrastructure capabilities!

1 Like

I think for places with more than one supplier it is all abstract anyway. Like if you purchase ‘green electricity’ you are still off the same grid.

However your money does take a different route. But yeah, the same electricity regardless of who you pay too.

Not sure how it works in HK, might not even be like that, :laughing:

Thats sort of what I thought. I doubt very much they have a china line and a hk line going.to each house. If anything at all, its probably just a tax diversion to different sectors. I kinda doubt even that though.

1 Like

I think a Hong Kong electricity company is a shareholder in a nuclear power plant in shenzhen. Which is pretty typical, many companies in Guangdong are invested into via HK