Repost Hall of Shame

Meh, it’s an old one, probably already swallowed by the black hole of pre-2020-ness. But it’s definitely a repost. :judge:

3 Likes

4 Likes

If was deleted, is it still a repost?

Yes. :judge:

As for whether such a repost should be permitted, isn’t restoring the lost pictures a better strategy?

If we just say everything pre-2020 is fair game, we’ll see the same stuff over and over. :2cents:

I would do it if I knew what the picture in the specific post was. It’s just 2019 2018ish that’s lost forever.

As TL4 you also have rights to do this. I do sometimes repair broken posts when I see it and know how it’s supposed to look.

But if it’s gone forever and we don’t know how to restore it, then… I say it’s fair game.

You’ll need to explain how to restore them. Human tech confounds me sometimes!

Some are definitely lost forever. For Funny Pictures, when the post is just the picture, there are no other contextual clues I have. I can’t restore any posts if I have no context whatsoever.

For others, like @gmu’s projects and buildings thread, I can usually go to the facebook or marketing site to restore the pictures.

1 Like

Oh, you mean edit and upload in the original post? I thought you meant there was some magic formula or button to press…

1 Like

Yeah

At this point, what they weren’t able to recover is gone and there are no backups of the hilariously unfunny memes.

If anyone remembers what they posted, I can restore it by reuploading it.

1 Like

Well, in the meantime let’s take care of the chronic biter.

As for the assistant branch manager, that one also seems to have disappeared.

1 Like

Quite at feat, considering it’s been posted at least three times in the past.

1 Like

Oh sorry, it’s surrounded by disappeared posts but not disappeared itself!

And it is indeed a re-repost!

2 Likes

Sadly, the original has perished!

But we know it’s the original because @Marco replied to it asking

Wait…horse isnt food?

Anyway, drawing the line differently is enough to save it, if the Czar is in a good mood, which he is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doc, if you can’t post something funny, repost someone else’s funny post… but do it in the Repost of the Day thread! :rage:

2 Likes

I remember learning about Mr Hands when someone posted this some time ago. I just had learned about it and when I saw the drawing I mentioned it? :ponder:

If you say so

2 Likes

Jeez… @Dr_Milker sure does repost a lot of my pics. :thinking:

1 Like

Great minds… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like