Representative office

I’ve got a couple of questions if anyone here has done this.
I’ve just started working as an IT journalist again for an online publication, but they want me on site here in Taiwan.
It’s a newly started business and they don’t have the funds to start a branch office here, but the option to set up a representative office here is appealing.
I’ve read a couple of threads here about it, but they where quite old, so has anyone done this recently and how long time does it take?
I know there’s no gurantee for me to be allowed to stay here even if the representative office is approved, but at the moment this seems like the most logical solution.


It can be done. You can get an ARC with rep office. I did it.

Go to BOCA and ask how to do it. Or better yet hire an accountant to do it for you.