Republicans Catching on that Bush Did Squat

9-11 Commission’s Tom Kean lays waste to idea that Bush gives a crap about stopping terror attacks.

[quote]Tom Kean, the Republican chairman of the committee, told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that enacting the changes is "not a priority for the government right now.

"A lot of the things we need to do really to prevent another 9/11 just simply aren’t being done by the president or by the Congress.

“What we’re concerned about now is that these recommendations – four years, more than four years after 9/11, are still not being done. People are not paying attention to them.”[/quote]

It’s not like we didn’t all know this from seeing the piss-poor reaction to hurricanes. We had 3+ days or warnings about those storms with little to no action from Bush’s cronies – can anyone imagine what a frickin’ clownshow any Bushian response to another surprise terror attack would be. Perhaps the Republican-led Congress can toss a few million dollars toward “port security” in Montana and Idaho, or to ensure that guys in Edmond, Oklahoma have plenty of HazMat suits.

Perhaps because Bush and the Republican leaders in Congress think that giving a crap about the security of Americans is “too much hassle,” they’ll be dumb enough to get yet another war going on, thus ensuring that many of the police and fire first-responders who also serve in the National Guard or Reserves will be called up for more and more extended tours of duty.

More on the shameful record of the Bush administration in failiing to handle homeland security.

New Rules Set for Giving Out Antiterror Aid

Wait a minute! Let’s look at this bit by bit:

Woah! Looks like the Bush government has really run the country into the crapper. More tax cuts for the wealthy have led to a deficit the size of Cheney’s sideways sneer. Add in the launching of the hugely expensive, wasteful Iraq war, and now we don’t have the money to keep the homeland protected even despite the concerns from the 9/11 Commission guys that “God help us” if we’re attacked again.

Holy crap! What were these guys thinking? The rest of us Americans were thinking of protecting American lives, not partisan gain. What goes through the minds of Republican leaders these days?

More typical Republican “leadership” in action. With these guys, they don’t think the buck stops anywhere. With both houses of Congress and the presidency, they’ll stop at pretty much nothing to ensure that their cronies get a piece of the American pie.

Oops, and for all those lying scumbags from the Administration (and a few outside of it) who liked to pretend U.S. port security was going well, just check out this: White House Scumbags Turning Over U.S. Port Security to UAE

[quote]The deal – which will affect the ports of New York and New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Baltimore, Maryland; Miami, Florida; and New Orleans, Louisiana – has triggered security concerns among some members of Congress and the public.

The Bush administration has said the UAE is a key ally in the war on terror.

Others, however, point out that two of the September 11, 2001, hijackers were from the UAE. In addition, most of the hijackers received money channeled through various sources based in the UAE, according to the Justice Department and the 9/11 Commission.[/quote]

That’s a “key ally”? With allies like that, we don’t need enemies. It’s getting to the point where it would almost be a relief if the top GOP leaders could simply return to outing secret agents.

[quote]“Outsourcing the operation of our largest ports to a country with long involvement in terrorism is a homeland security accident waiting to happen,” he said.

Other members of Congress have also been critical of the deal. On Friday, Democratic Sens. Robert Menendez of New Jersey and Hillary Clinton of New York announced they were working on legislation that would ban companies owned by foreign governments from controlling operations at U.S. ports.

Some Republican lawmakers have also expressed concern over the deal, including New York Rep. Peter King and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham.

“We certainly should investigate it,” Graham said Sunday on Fox News.

A Dubai Ports World spokesman told CNN that the firm has received all the necessary regulatory approvals, and that the security systems in place at the ports would only get better under the new management.[/quote]

“Only get better”? Better for whom? Middle-eastern terrorists looking to ship containerloads of bombs? Thanks a lot, Bush. :loco: At least some of the Republican lawmakers are not falling for the Administration’s BS.

What’s your point? That Bush sucks? Gee, that’s an idea Forumosa has never seen before. :bravo:

Just Kidding. I’m too tired to read all of that. I’m off to take a nap for the next three years. Wake me up when it’s over. I doubt anything will really happen that affects my life. The Muslim world will survive Bush, and so will I. Goodnight. Sweet Dreams. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, you may lay down and “try to like it,” but the rest of us don’t plan to do that.

Did you have a point about port security? I guess not. Thanks for playing.

[quote=“mofangongren”]

Well, you may lay down and “try to like it,” but the rest of us don’t plan to do that. .[/quote]

You’ve enlisted in the military? Good on ya! What’s your MOS?

Let us know when you get to the sandbox. I look forward to hearing about your accomplishments.

Hmmm. Trebuchet having a zizz on Forumosa or Mofangongren frothing at the mouth. Which one will make the biggest difference? Neither, but Trebuchet’s keyboard will last longer. :laughing:

Oh, and Mof? You Do know there’s another entire thread about the port authority stuff, right?

Na, Mofa really is going to make a difference. His soul patch, his Che Guevera t-shirt, the way he gets into political arguments when he drinks, all are tell-tale signs of a person who willreally do something.

Me? :rainbow:

PEACE, MAN! I JUST LIT A PEACE CANDLE!

Great, and if the folks over there decide to talk about Republican officials stating their dissatisfaction with the Bush administration’s homeland security policies, you be sure to let them know that this thread is over here … :laughing: I’ll be counting on you to fill them in.

This current situation is a good example of how the Bush administration’s policies are getting resistance from normal rank-and-file Republicans in congress who are aware that Bush = poll box poison in 2006. Meanwhile, as a second-term, lame-ducked president, Bush is left with no weapons except to shrilly cry how he’ll veto any legislation by his fellow party members to shut down his plans to hand over the keys to America’s ports to a Middle Eastern state-owned entity.

It’s a real leg-slapper and side splitter to think that the Democrats could or will do any better. :laughing:

That’s your partisan side talking.

I honestly can’t imagine that any other administration would have done worse than these clowns have. They have wilfully f’ucked things up at every turn.

I honestly can’t imagine that any other administration would have done worse than these clowns have. They have wilfully f’ucked things up at every turn.[/quote]

The Grateful Dead wrote:[quote]
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I

I honestly can’t imagine that any other administration would have done worse than these clowns have. They have wilfully f’ucked things up at every turn.[/quote]

The Grateful Dead wrote:[quote]
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I

Actually, what I think is hilarious is that in comparison to the corruption and utter incompetence of Bush II, his dad looks like a frickin’ genius. It’s a leg-slapper and side-splitter to think that you’d have to go back to the Harding administration to find a comparable bunch of f*ck ups, and even they’re getting rehabilitated on a daily basis by the antics of this current administration. Harding’s descendants have got to be giggling silly over this.

Here we go, They are introducing Gulags into the US.

Mark my words these will have more Americans in them than Foreigners.

Will there be re-education or will they continue the norm of torture?
Stalin will be smiling.

"10-Year U.S. Strategic Plan For Detention Camps Revives Proposals From Oliver North

The Halliburton subsidiary KBR (formerly Brown and Root) announced on Jan. 24 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps. Two weeks later, on Feb. 6, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that the Fiscal Year 2007 federal budget would allocate over $400 million to add 6,700 additional detention beds (an increase of 32 percent over 2006). This $400 million allocation is more than a four-fold increase over the FY 2006 budget, which provided only $90 million for the same purpose."

news.pacificnews.org/news/view_a … c65cdd56a9

[quote=“cake”]Here we go, They are introducing Gulags into the US.

Mark my words these will have more Americans in them than Foreigners.

Will there be re-education or will they continue the norm of torture?
Stalin will be smiling.

"10-Year U.S. Strategic Plan For Detention Camps Revives Proposals From Oliver North

The Halliburton subsidiary KBR (formerly Brown and Root) announced on Jan. 24 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps. Two weeks later, on Feb. 6, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that the Fiscal Year 2007 federal budget would allocate over $400 million to add 6,700 additional detention beds (an increase of 32 percent over 2006). This $400 million allocation is more than a four-fold increase over the FY 2006 budget, which provided only $90 million for the same purpose."

news.pacificnews.org/news/view_a … c65cdd56a9[/quote]

Rumors of this kind of thing have been in heavy circulation on the internets :laughing: since 9/11. Where have you been? Here’s a good link (with lots of sub-links) if you want a primer:
buzzflash.com/farrell/06/02/far06003.html
Don’t worry, it’s from a very liberal website. Sweet Dreams!

More Republicans are catching on that Bush is poll-box poison (in case the 34% approval rating weren’t enough):

More on Republicans distancing themselves from Bush’s disasterous policies:

[quote]Senator Jon Kyl, a staunch supporter of President Bush who faces a potentially difficult re-election fight this year, is hearing a lot from constituents in Arizona about the plan to allow a Dubai company to operate shipping terminals at Eastern ports. Most think the deal should be stopped.

“It is almost all critical to dubious,” Mr. Kyl said, referring to public opinion at home. “If I have to disagree with the Bush administration, I will.”

“The anger is coming from Republicans,” said Representative Peter T. King, Republican of New York, the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee and a leading critic of the deal.

“I have never seen an issue like this where it is across the board and so intense,” Mr. King said, speaking before news of the Qaeda document began circulating widely.

As Mr. King stood outside the House chamber Tuesday night, one Republican colleague after another sidled up to pat him on the back and offer strong encouragement in his challenge to the port deal and, in effect, the White House.[/quote]