Research about sexual orientation (and its expression)

Whew…we might have never been able to talk about music again.

As would I

and there’s the kerfuffle, given the obsequious nature of those given to enforce moral codes.

Observing any moral code is obsequious.

1 Like

Is it though? Doing something bc someone else told/cajoled/threatened you it was the right thing to do isn’t the same as deciding unilaterally from on yon high top that something is wrong for everyone.

ya, naturally social.

is there something like that?

If homophobia is nature, what is its difference from homosexuality being nature?

That’s obsequious, isn’t it?

It may depend on how widespread one’s power reaches.

Exactly.

The many observing or the few dictating?

Or me? :grimacing:

It’s a combination of the two. Hoping that everybody follows some kind of moral code doesn’t have any track record of success.

1 Like

What about legal codes?

it’s nature. it’s nurture. it’s also who you ask. Sapolsky here would say it’s nearly if not entirely all nature, like all human behavior. This is part one of two or three videos on human sexuality. The entire course is free on youtube and I highly recommend it.

FREE Stanford education from an acclaimed Professor :arrow_down:

3 Likes

But does this account of gay people that are not open about it?

A friend of mine that was a guest for Christmas says that he wasn’t gay for most his life. He had gfs before. Now he is gay. I’m not sure if he was gay before he was aware that he was actually gay or he was actually not gay and became gay.

Legal codes are enforced moral codes?

Are they a type of moral code? And has there been success in getting people to follow them?

that who are gay, I’m not sure too.

Yes, but i may have misread. My phone literally wont cooperate with multiquotes so here is a screenshot of where i was asking about the morality part.

Reading back maybe youare saying judging people isnt morally right. Hard to tell for sure. Just asking :slight_smile:

Yup. Whether they believed in the moral rightness or not in some cases.

1 Like

Or bisexual like your boy, but expresses in a more masculine way & exclusively dates women.

if there are genes that make people homophobic/xenophobic/racist/etc., is it acceptable to edit those genes of a baby to be?

There is none, they are both natural. Maybe thats a bit of the delusion of this fantasy world of science. Nowhere does any of it say there is balance. There is balancing. Meaning, there are many opposing forces that when they get too heavy they get equaled out. In a purely phyiscal world this has zero Fs given when it comes to morals. Perhaps the term culture is the easiest to input to enter in a sort of equalizing force put upon extremes in an effort to minimize harm as most non biological natural forces would without any emotion. It is seen in numerous animals. Arguably plants and probably fungi as well, but hard to prove due to language barriers.

In the end, to claim nurture isnt actually nature is really an oxymoron put forth by a species with an ego wider than their vision.

1 Like

Acceptable to whom?

1 Like

Well, to some, I imagine, they see nurture as something man made, like a doorknob, something with a social function that wasn’t necessary in nature. Not many doorknobs on the savanna.