Residency history certificate

Bear with me, but…

Years and years ago I saw a picture of a certificate issued by the NIA that showed different residency statuses over time.

Like it showed:

2013/01/02 - 2015/03/04: Student ARC
2015/03/04 - 2019/03/04: Work ARC
2019/03/04 - Present: Spouse ARC

But now no matter how much googling I do I can’t find an example of this certificate and I don’t know what it’s called.

Anyone have any idea?

Oh I bought one of those. Your history of residency in the ROC? They’re $100 at the NIA.

Any idea what they are called in Chinese?

Also, just curious but, what did you use it for?

To be honest, the name in my post is paraphrased. I gotta go find mine to find the name.

When I worked at the Buxiban, the boss screwed me over to put it lightly in the legal forum, I was working on an open work permit tied to my student ARC while learning Chinese. A month before the expiry I wanted to continue working but not study. I had warned the boss we needed to switch over to a work permit and work ARC.

The boss was particularly sensitive to being reminded and was a micro manager with a loose fuse. Not fun.

I gave him the paperwork a month ahead, he’d bring papers for me to sign, I’d think we’re done, he’d come back a week later with more, thinking that was done, a week later with even more. Then he waits until 4 days before my ARC expires to send the paperwork, and then has the gall to tell me, an Italian Canadian (Visas take months to years in Canada and Italy is famous for bureaucracy that goes nowhere fast) that in Taiwan the bureaucracy at 9 days is ‘slow’.

So I left the country on the day of expiry so I wouldn’t become irregular. Before that, I grabbed all my papers to go to the TECO to get a new resident visa and on top of that, grabbed a history from the NIA so I could have a case cause I didn’t have a work permit, which is the the usual way of getting in.

I threw all the papers on the desk including that one to prove I was who I said I was. It took about a week to convince the TECO in Sydney to give me a visa back for work without a work permit, when I got back to Taiwan, I waited until the work permit came in, got the ARC, started work again. Cost me $36000. Boss never repaid me for his mistakes. I was livid.

3 Likes

If it shows up let me know!

looking for it. It was a long time ago.

No worries if not.

I remember the picture I saw was on forumosa, so someone has posted it before. Just had a quick search but no luck. Must not be searching the right keywords.

外國人居留證明書

CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE IN ROC

3 Likes

Thank you!

Those aren’t your real passport/ID card numbers are they?

Of course they are. I’ve got nothing to hide. Steal my identity.

But, gimme a like, would ya bro? I live for them.

4 Likes

Jesus Malcom

Again curious, what did you use this certificate for?

Requirement for the naturalization process.

Oh cool, cos that’s why I was asking about it.

I was looking for a way to prove I met the 3 year residency requirement.

This paired with the entry/exit certificate should be good enough.

Hold on. Let me pull my naturalization package again and tell you what you’re gonna need to submit.

That’d be great. It doesn’t mention needing this certificate on the flow chart so maybe there is other stuff missing too

1. Naturalization application. Filled out at HHR. Need photos also.

2. Copy of passport page

3. Copy of ARC or APRC.

4. Certificate of Residence in ROC

5. Naturalization Language Exam Results (passing score) or a certain number of hours studying Chinese at a qualified school. (don’t care, I took (hacked) the test)

6. Clear criminal record check for ROC. I think they did that themselves. I forgot. It was quite a while ago.

7. Entry and Exit Report - They do this for you, so you don’t have to.

That’s all I have in my naturalization folder. Hope this helps.

BTW - I did this many moons ago, so please check the relevant shit to make sure things haven’t drastically changed.

Very helpful indeed! Much appreciated.

I’m doing my Chinese exam this afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d wish you good luck, but it’s STUPID easy. And as a married chap, you’ve only got to score 60%. Are you doing oral or written?

Written. I’ve been doing the online exams for the past few days. With the tips from @Fuzzy_Barbecue and my comprehension of the easier qustions, I am getting 70+ on the mock exams when I select random 20 questions. When I selected all 200+ questions at once I got 85 so I think I’m ready. I don’t think I failed the mock once

2 Likes