Resources for Returnees?

Hey all!

I’m super new here, but am so grateful to be able to have this forum as a resource.

Long story short, I was born in Taiwan and the family and I moved to the states when I was young. I’ve lost a lot of my mandarin since then, and am hoping to take classes to pick it back up. I’m planning to go back in February after thinking about going back for about 10 years, and am interested in touching base with other Taiwanese returnees specifically.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

Foreign spouses of Taiwan nationals are able to take free Chinese classes, not sure if anything similar is available for overseas Taiwanese returnees but I would imagine so.

Any idea on where I can look/who I can call to search? I’m not necessarily looking for free Chinese classes, more so community to connect and share experiences with.

FYI

Or in English

1 Like

Don’t go to Shihda if you are a free thinking freedom lover. My experience was horrible. No customer service at all with many of the teachers and admin thinking they are gods.

Where should I go if I happen to be one? :stuck_out_tongue:

They are false gods. They be beneath you almighty @eunibrows, protector of the brows. Peace be to brows.

thank you!