Restaurant Pay

Maybe he’s paying barely over minimum wage? I mean if the pay is shit then people will go for greener pasture…

There’s no such thing as not being able to find staff, only staff that is willing to work for peanuts.

I don’t know this joint so I don’t know for sure but I bet people will compete like hell for the job if he paid say 300 an hour.

1 Like

Not here, many friends in F&B even offering pays 35 to 40k p.a. cannot find ppl. Taiwanese are not interested anymore basically, something very similar happened in HK, where staff at non chinese restaurants is all nepalese and filipino.

He pays, he is willing to pay even more, but can’t find a decent person or a person at all.

If u r not in the industry u wouldn’t know, there is such a huge shortage of labourers

1 Like

Makes sense. For 35-40k you can get a nice comfy job in an office, and most people here are educated enough for that. Why bust your ass waiting tables for that amount?

Keep in mind you’ll probably work 12 hours a day 6 days a week. 35 to 40k a month is basically minimum wage at that point. And it’s hard work too.

Hundreds of thousands of nurses, police and fire brigade staff bust their asses daily for that amount.

1 Like

Police and firefighters get a lot more in addition to their wage. They’re government workers.

1 Like

he is also not looking for neurosurgeons, how much is being a waiter in a Pizzeria worth? 40K a month for a job that requires no skills whatsoever is reasonable.
in addition how much does the pizza place make? for him to give higher wages he also needs to be profitable after paying rent, utilities etc…

1 Like

But if he can’t find anyone, because everyone else can work in an office playing Facebook games, then perhaps it’s too low.

Actually I was shopping for pork at the butchers at the traditional market and was waiting on some sausage. Guy offered to pay me 60,000nt a month to work as a butcher… It’s hard work though.

I bet working at a pizza restaurant is at least as hard.

4 Likes

I’d rather work as any of the above than a waiter.

Actually cops get about 50,000 a month, with all the benefit of a government worker. If they are men they are also exempted from conscription.

And in Taiwan it’s not a dangerous job, you don’t have to be afraid someone’s going to pull out a gun.

Since you’ve broken our nondisclosure agreement, the deal is off! :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

He probably wouldn’t have got the money out of you anyway. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: #ponyupguy

Everyone likes to open their own (bubble)tea/coffee shop. Be their own boss.

Makes no sense to me. It’s hard work. Why not just open a book store? Maybe comic books or something. Or any kind of store.

You literally just sit there and take people’s money when they approach the counter.

I don’t think those make much money

Anyway a book shop isn’t that easy. Still have buy stock, manage stock, make purchase decisions, run advertising campaigns, ECT…

Also the demand is far more stable in a drink shop

1 Like

Franchises aren’t that hard, they basically sell you everything

Even bookstores in countries that read a lot are closing, or diversifying to survive. Ebooks and online shopping. Opening a physical bookstore requires paying rent and having stock, not a good plan

Those drink shops seem popular, maybe a sandwich shop?

3 Likes

A Baja-style taco/burrito stand.

1 Like

Anything related to food and beverage is hard work with low profit margins.

Maybe a scooter helmet store?

1 Like

Extremely competitive too, lots of people and their dogs runs hospitality here.

Yeah some are , but so many of them that the food has to be very good. I’m a big fan of breakfast stores here. And now with Uber eats the competition has gone higher. I used to choose those closest to my home now I try others with uber eats delivering.