Restaurant recommendation needed: Xin Beitou

Good day y’all,
Next month I will be leading a group of friends on a trip to the hot springs in Xin Beitou. Afterwards I’d like to take them to a restaurant nearby. I don’t know much about food in that area though. Can anyone suggest somewhere good within walking distance of the Xin Beitou MRT? We don’t care if it’s Western or Eastern food. We’re looking for tasty, civilized and under $300 per person.
~ Mengkai

p.s.
no jackasses suggesting McDonalds or some other chain store crap please. I’m hoping someone will recommend a decent local establishment with a bit of personality and character

Under the Xin Beitou MRT is a cantonese style dim sum place with a buffet I think for about 300$nt for lunch. The rest of the menu for dinner is a guess.

You have the Western style restaurant but japanese owned in a hotel across from the Beitou MRT station. Maybe others can remember the name. Kinda like a Denny’s restaurant.

[quote=“MengKai”]p.s.
no jackasses suggesting McDonalds or some other chain store crap please. I’m hoping someone will recommend a decent local establishment with a bit of personality and character[/quote]
I live nearby and was thinking of where to recommend, then read your P.S. and discovered that I was likely a jackass. FYI: Slamming someone in advance for recommendations that they might give you with their free time is probably not the best approach.

[quote=“sticks of fury”]Under the Xin Beitou MRT is a Cantonese style dim sum place with a buffet I think for about 300$nt for lunch. The rest of the menu for dinner is a guess.

You have the Western style restaurant but Japanese owned in a hotel across from the Beitou MRT station. Maybe others can remember the name. Kinda like a Denny’s restaurant.[/quote]

Yeah, what is that? Family Host Restaurant, I think.

As a Beitou rez, it’s difficult to recommend a place that the OP described. Most places in the area are crappy hot springs “snack” stands.

There’s an iffy Thai place on Zhong Yang Road. If you want the address I can find it and post back.

Beitou is not famous for the food.

Thai sounds doable, Sojourner. Please send the address and I will check it out. Thanks for your tip.

Note to seeker 4:
My p.s. was just saying that if someone were to post an unhelpful smart-alecky reply to my question, then that person would be a jackass. I could well imagine someone saying “go to the chou dou fu stand behind the big love hotel”, or someother patronizing comment. So, the p.s. was for that jackass, not you. If you do have some Xin Beitou restaurants to recommend, please let me know.

Not Xin Beitou, but at Beitou MRT, check out Ah-Hong’s. It’s across the station (west) right along the half traffic circle, serves traditional Chinese home-style fare. Highly recommend it. My gf and I love it so much that we often make a stopover at Beitou MRT on our way back into town from Danshui just for it.