Restrictions on receiving mask shipments from abroad?

I hope my limited experience can help.

I haven’t had any shipped by family, but have bought online. Since none of then were labelled as online sales, and were shipped by individuals, I assume more similarities than differences.

1. Labelling has included: healthcare products, hygiene products, textile. (none of which was my choice).

2. Import charges still apply if stated value is over 3,000 NTD.

3. I have received shipments from USPS, FedEx, DHL, and other international snail mail sources. FedEx and DHL usually required brokering when imported, which is simply done through an APP. Do far, no Chinese interference in terms of “lost” packages.

4. None of the shipments were inspected (i.e., opened and then resealed by officials) at any point.

5. I’ve imported up to 250 masks (five boxes) without any problem. So a reasonable sized shipment shouldn’t be issue.

**caveat about online orders, or shipments from family if they are not familiar with masks Well, in the case of 250 masks, actually they were low filtration dusks masks (advertised as surgical masks), but I got a full refund and get to keep them since we can’t export masks. Same issue happened another time. So, not sure what I’ll end up doing with them. **

Apart from that, N95 (FFP2) and N99 (FFP3) purchased online were authentic but inflated by at least five times normal price.

I am not a hoarder or reseller, but am worried about how long this virus will be around, and kind of “prepping” for the 3/2 semester start and planned conference trip to HK in June.

5 Likes