Résumé Format for Taiwan

Hello, everyone! First time poster, I have a question regarding resume formats in Taiwan. Is it similar to The US format or is there additional information that needs to be added. Thank you in advance.

This is the format they tend to use. Although, many companies are using the online CV and job search sites, 1111 and 104

1 Like

Are pictures generally required on CVs in Taiwan? Or are they optional? (Just asking out of curiosity)

1 Like

Generally required.

Does it increase the possibility of discrimination? You bet!

Are we going to change that? Not likely. I would put the pic in.

1 Like

I’ve heard that resumes in Taiwan should have a section describing your family background. Is that true or just something foreigners say to exaggerate? (My Chinese isn’t good enough to read the examples above.)

If that’s true, then they waive that for foreigners cause we don’t have families here.

But as I said before. Most are using job sites now.

I put my photo and my birthday on my CV for applying to jobs in Asia, even though in Canada it is considered unprofessional. In my case, I’m a good age (not too young, not too old) and I had a nice professional headshot already taken, so it made sense to use these for a bit of extra advantage…

1 Like

Other personal info I still see besides photo, is how many kilos, how tall, single, married and age. I very much try not make comments about photos, but some are just awful as far dress and how you make yourself look, in my office which is mostly Taiwanese females it’s the first thing they look at. though. All I can say is have a photo with professional outlook.