Returning to Taiwan - quarantine at an Airbnb?

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I’m actually in Changhua County and in regards to the quarantine hotels, didn’t notice anything remotely close to where I live. Since apparently the government does not offer any hotels near my home, am I free to pick a location of my choosing if I decide to go that route? I don’t care whether I receive any subsidy or not. Mostly I want to be in compliance with the rules and keeping my family safe.

However, on top of the pandemic/quarantine mess, I’ve just realized my ARC will be expiring while I’m away. So perhaps I will not be allowed to return after all?

You can check the following links

各縣市防疫旅宿連絡窗口 Contact

彰化縣 Changhua
Tel:+886-4-7531366

You may need to get a special entry permit with a new resident/visitor visa and get your ARC again. You might be able to renew your expired ARC with some fine, but I’m not sure if you can do it when your ARC expire while you arent in Taiwan. You also need a covid19 test before your flight.

is there any legal hotel? If they accept you doing quarantine, it may be ok. Or I think you can do it at a quarantine hotel in another city before you go back to Changhua.

1 Like

What’s the follow-up after the 2 weeks quarantine? I saw it mentioned somewhere (sorry, can’t recall) that there’s a 7-day self-monitor period …is that currently required/enforced and what does it require you to do or not to do?

1 Like

Currently in quarantine. I was told after the 2 week stint is up, I will have to wear a mask at all times in public for the next 7 days. I do not believe there is anything else to it, other than that.

2 Likes

I’m a foreigner married to a Taiwanese citizen, and I received that response. It’s still one person per bedroom+bathroom.

The notice says nothing about foreigners.

Avoid public places and public transportation too.

1 Like

I had planned on staying at an Airbnb for a month (30 nights), with the first half of my stay being for quarantine. However, my Airbnb host just messaged me to let me know that - per news via the television- the Taipei city government will NOT allow Airbnb hosts to offer rentals for quarantine. Apparently the penalty charge will be up to $5,000 USD.

I asked if he thought I was ok because I am renting for a month, and therefore as a legal rental. He said that the government worries that the quarantine preparation by a private individual rental host is not sufficient and that neighbor complaints would cause a lot of trouble for them.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a news source to post here as supporting evidence since I couldn’t find any, so if anyone has heard or read that this is the case, would greatly appreciate!

In Chinese

2 Likes

Is thee an actual CDC announcement you can link to, not a newspaper? I called the CDC recently and private resident quarantine is perfectly acceptable.

1 Like

The point is the Tourism Bureau regulations define “日租套房” as rentals less than one month in length. So the situation described in the article does not apply to monthly rentals. I think that airbnb host is misguided.

對此北市關傳局證實確有此事,後續將請民政、警察局提供入住時間,若發現二房東蓄意「長租」逃避稽查,將研議移送警調處理。

Your point? That doesn’t say renting for more than a month through an online platform is illegal.

I neither.

Tried googling it, but what’s the price for the quarantine taxi thingy from Taoyuan to Kending?

Also, can the taxis take stuff with them that is brought to me at the airport in taoyuan?

I am planning to rent a nice house with a pool and big yard for a quarantine I will have to do in October, and was thinking that my wife drops off all the beers, steaks, etc + our dogs at the airport and then the taxi takes us down to kending and thus avoiding a round trip for my wife…

Rate Is fixed, about a 1000 NTD. Problem is you will need a van. :eek:

I’d call and ask if it can be booked ahead.

Another question: you will be doing quarantine with the dogs? You can’t walk them, you know? And your wife cant quarantine with you.

If your wife is here, better she gets ahead and gets the house ready. You need to stay within premises and the pool is already a grey area.

1 Like

She can. As long as wife is under 65 and does not have preexisting health conditions, and they say the house has two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

And wear mask all the time. I think the CECC will not be happy though.

Quarantine is permitted with others so long as social distance is maintained, and masks are worn, and there is a bedroom and bathroom exclusively for each quarantine participant. You can quarantine with non quarantined people.