Richart - The first almost/kinda/marginally/minuscularly foreigner friendly bank

Another issue:
The simplified foreigner website doesn’t have settings for easy card.
Like changing daily limits for automatic recharge.

Just used the Easy Card and the clerk only asked if it should recharge (500TWD), because there was no money on it.

So don’t loose the card. Finder can go and shop using Easy Card function. I think the default daily limit is 3000 TWD

Default limit from a different Easy Card

2 Likes

Are you collecting those for @fifieldt’s meeting?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m still waiting for my card. In the meantime I have a few questions. Maybe s.b. has answers to them.

Multi currency ATMs:
According to taixin website their ATMs can only withdraw USD and yen. Deposit is available for all currencies incl. Euros.
Some poster above said, the ATMs had euros for withdrawal?!?
can you at least withdraw Euros from the richart foreign currency account in the taixin bank?

What are the fees after the 5 free withdrawals/transfers?

Does the card work with Google pay?
According to the bank teller it will work,
According to a post above it does not?

What is the fee and exchange rate when using the card abroad eg. Thailand?

If I’m in europe, can i withdraw Euro from the euro account in Richard, can i pay with euros from the euro account?

Thx all.

Yes, I am adding the issues to a collaboratively made document.

1 Like

Has anybody who used the EXPAT code before signing up received NT$300 bonus after the account was opened? I haven’t.

https://richart.tw/TSDIB_RichartWeb/RC07/RC070400?sn=202200134

It’s in the terms and conditions that you’ll get it “within 45 business days”, so you’ll need to budget accordingly and hold off on any big purchases.

Also, hate to break it to you, but it seems like you’re going to be charged 20% tax. :grin:

[NT$300 new customer reward] in the Promotion is classified as “other income”. According to the Income Act, a winner who is a foreign natural person residing Taiwan (R.O.C.) is liable for 20% income tax, and related matters should be handled in line with Taishin Bank’s withholding rules. Taishin Bank files tax to the National Taxation Bureau according to various withholding rates of for income taxes. Based on Article 94-1 of the Income Tax Act, Taishin Bank is exempted from issuing various types of income withholding and exemption certificates to the winners. A winner can apply for a separate certificate if needed.

6 Likes

Nice. Just have to wait until May 2024 to get some of it back!

3 Likes

Just got my card. It has “business debit” written on the card which is interesting. Also I think a few people said you can’t change the PIN online, you can but you dot it using the Taishin WebATM

https://ac.taishinbank.com.tw/AccWeb/AC/home.jsp

It depends on the ATM. You can check on Taishin’s website which ATMs hold which currencies.

Yes. They have 13 currencies you can purchase online, about 10 of these are available in branch You can withdraw your foreign currency balance in the branch as cash provided that branch holds the currency you want. . Not sure what the point of the other 3 is because you can’t withdraw it at the branch and you can’t transfer it overseas either.

Most banks in Taiwan charge a $10-$20 fee for NTD transfers, the first 5 transfers with Richart are free. The withdrawals, I assume, is 5 free withdrawals using another bank’s ATM (that ATM will likely still charge you a fee though).

This I don’t think anyone knows but I’m going to try next month when I go to Singapore and Australia

hi, thanks for your reply.

i also just got my new card today, also is business debit.

i just used the chinese version of the ATM list, and there is one euro ATM in taipei, and one in New Taipei City:
https://www.taishinbank.com.tw/TSB/service-and-support/atm-location/

1 Like

Doesn’t that require a bloody card reader though?

Yeah it does :confused: . I had one anyway
If you don’t have one, I recommend getting one and a citizen digital certificate so you can make sure Laoban is paying your pension.

Then it’s a nogo. I have one and have that stupid certificate, so clunky.

No pension for me as a remote worker haha

1 Like

I just called their support hotline, with the following answers:

can you at withdraw Euros from the richart foreign currency account in the taixin bank.
fee for withdrawal of EUR is about 1% (330 ntd per 1000 Euro)

for the 6th withdrawal/transfer per month the fee is 15 ntd.

the card is linked to the ntd account, so withdrawals and payments always get deducted from ntd account. fee is about 1,3%

3 Likes

1%!? Better off getting cash at the branch :crazy_face:

All of your comments helped convince me this isn’t worth the effort of opening an account.

3 Likes

Maybe add that to the spreadsheet? Would be nice to see exactly what you are signing up for before you sign up.

I meant withdrawal of euro from the euro currency account is 1% regardless of going to the bank or getting euro at the ATMs.
this is still (slightly) better than my yuanta bank account, where i pay 1,3% just the get the euros out in cash…

1 Like

I added that they claim to be transparent and low fee but a fee schedule is nowhere to be found :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You are too nice! :wink:

Was going to ask if others had the same thing. Not sure why everyone is business branded.

2 Likes