RIP Fan Fan (No Party for Cao Dong Drummer)

She was found in her quarantine hotel room. Great drummer and part of an amazing band. Quite unfortunate, whatever happened.

One of her live performances:

1 Like

I’m drawn to female drummers and in years past I would stop and listen to street drummers in areas like Ximending. I wonder if she ever did these performances early in her career and if I ever saw her. She was so young, very sad.

R.I.P.

It’s being reported that it was suicide due to deep depression.

1 Like

Quarantine and depression caused her suicide. Also my friend said her dog was ill and she couldn’t go see the pet due to quarantine?

Sad stuff. Hope quarantine ends as this was not the first nor the last suicide during the mandatory quarantine.

4 Likes

Yeah, seems a bit unlikely a 26-year-old died of natural causes. Wonder if they will eventually announce suicide. If so, she must have brought the means to do it into quarantine.

I don’t think TPTB know or care that solitary confinement is a very unpleasant experience even for people who are mentally grounded, and is likely to cause serious harm to people who are vulnerable.

sorry to veer slightly off topic, but isn’t this like the second death related quarantine in taiwan in the past week? The pilot one now this?

Agreed.

I got my Gold Card recently and I want to go to Taiwan but I’m super worried about the quarantine since I’m an active person and being in isolation for 2 weeks is tough! If I had access to a gym maybe I would consider it.

1 Like

sad story.
i hope they continue to make music. I am not an expert, but i do believe there is a huge potential in this (still quite young) group - maybe they can become some kind of taiwanese Radiohead (of course in a much smaller way) …