RIP Jani Lane

Though a much maligned genre, no one here over the age of 35 can deny they didn’t love themselves a little hair metal back in he 80s.

Sadly Jani Lane, the lead singer of Warrant passed away today and the world has one less spandex clad, blond front man as a result.

[quote]LOS ANGELES - Jani Lane, the former lead singer of the metal rock band Warrant, has died in Los Angeles. He was 47.

Officer Sara Faden says Lane’s body was found Thursday in a Woodland Hills hotel. She had no immediate information on the cause or circumstances of his death.

With his long blond hair and tight leather outfits, Lane embodied the excess of 1980s “hair metal” rock bands. He joined Warrant in 1984 and wrote such hits as “Heaven,” “Down Boys” and “Cherry Pie.”

He had an on-and-off relationship with the band, leaving it in 1992 before returning and quitting again several times.

In recent years, he appeared in the reality TV show “Celebrity Fit Club” and made news for a drunken driving arrest.

He is survived by two daughters from two previous marriages.[/quote]

cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/ … 1585.shtml

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Though a much maligned genre, no one here over the age of 35 can deny they didn’t love themselves a little hair metal back in he 80s.
[/quote]
Not me. I was listening to Tom Waits, Billy Bragg … and Culture Club.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Though a much maligned genre, no one here over the age of 35 can deny they didn’t love themselves a little hair metal back in he 80s.
[/quote]
Not me. I was listening to Tom Waits, Billy Bragg … and Culture Club.[/quote]

Culture Club killed what would have been a great reply.

And Soft Cell.

That’s mildly unsettling.

That’s mildly unsettling.[/quote]
Touch me baby tainted love…

1980s UK always seemed like this to me.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]1980s UK always seemed like this to me.

[/quote]

My old flatmate used to shag wee Jimmy Somerville. They had quite the wee fling going on for a while.

[quote=“sandman”]

My old flatmate used to shag wee Jimmy Somerville. They had quite the wee fling going on for a while.[/quote]
Helluva nice bloke, apparently.