RIP Visa-Free Runners (2012-2020)

They’re going to expect you to do SOME work with this Gold Card. AFAIK

It does not matter.
As long as they do not cancel my Gold Card before 10-12 months from my entry, I won’t mind if they do it after (which I do not think they would anyway, but still).

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: 20% AMT Tax for 6.7M and above from overseas income?

i see visa free coming back soon as things get back to normal when people could fly everywhere.

1 Like

Is this the right thread for entry restrictions? A handy chart I found that is easier to understand than the text.

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/6928/6940/212474/228470/

The original text of the guidelines:
https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html

Nothing new, but good in case you are staring at the text once again

4 Likes

Does “3” above simply mean ARC/APRC card, or do those folks also need permission to re-enter and some other related documentation now?

I think that most people’s ARC is their re-entry permit? If you note the red text on the front of the card there’s something about multiple entries.

So does the orange section mean that if you are a PRC national who holds an ARC, but you’re not married to a Taiwanese national, you cannot enter Taiwan?

People with Household Registration in the People’s Republic of China cannot carry ARCs. They get TARCs.

I think it is SRC or LTRC .

I know nothing about the rules between Taiwan and China. What do all of those abbreviations mean?

Here’s another step towards re-opening the border and resuming visa free:

2 Likes

"He said that CECC will not implement mass testing on Taiwanese entering the country from abroad because the government is obligated to treat them if they are infected.

However, Chen said the government is not obligated to treat infected foreign travelers. He said that if sick foreign passengers are allowed to enter without screening, they could quickly start a local outbreak."

so what does that mean? an infected taiwanese would be getting treatment but a foreigner will just be running around willy nilly?

2 Likes

Would likely be on the foreigner’s dime IMO.

1 Like

…and so they would skip treatment and just go running around the country willy nilly?

2 Likes

Either they will be refused or treated for a price.

1 Like

Well this isn’t the United States so I suspect the price wouldn’t be that bad. Probably ~3000 NT. Could easily bake it into the price of the ticket like they do with Airport Improvement Fees/Surcharges.

Most of my business partners that came into Taiwan on biz trips would remark how quickly you could clear through the airport if you didn’t hit customs right at rush hour. That’s going to change.

That’s my guess at least.

The test is fine but i don’t understand the logic of saying foreigners are more likely to spread the virus than taiwanese. Nonsense.

3 Likes

I didnt say that.