River fishing taiwan

hi,

every one

i used to go coarse fishing in the u.k , fishing with floats and bait . does any one fish the rivers around taichung or taiwan . or know if these guys get together online and chat , or how any online links to offer ,

thks

mike

sea fishing is the thing here.

yes i see on you tube lots of sea fishing around taiwan .

il have to check it out more when i get to taiwan . but really like fishing rivers with floats and bait . catch and release . even we used to put the fish in a keep net until the end of the days fishing a take a pic and then release the fish back free .

but if there is any guys that are into river fishing . post up

thks

mike

I’d caution about sudden surges from rainstorms up in the mountains. With the weather here as unpredictable as it is (and pollution, for that matter), I’m not surprised few people do river fishing.

There are no rivers in Taiwan worth fishing … pollution is king. Most rivers are run-off rivers, having enough volume during heavy rain and are fast flowing. Rivers around big cities, I wouldn’t fish and there aren’t probably enough big fish to catch anyways.

And up in the mountains and even most other places are signs, no fishing, no swimming … but as this is Taiwan. no one cares until something happens.

interesting .

but would be good too here from guys that fish rivers ,

[quote=“KEYESGOOD”]interesting .

but would be good too here from guys that fish rivers ,[/quote]

The closest thing to river fishing in Taiwan is fishing at Sun Moon Lake in Nantou.

No freshwater angling in Taiwan? What a load of crock.

OP, look up these guys: taiwanangler.com/

[quote=“jimipresley”]No freshwater angling in Taiwan? What a load of crock.

OP, look up these guys: taiwanangler.com/[/quote]

It’s about ‘river fishing’ not the backyard pond …

interesting

thks

any way

If you can read Chinese, here are 2 sites.
http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/uoffice88/category/34
http://www.taipeifishing.com/bbs2/index.asp?boardid=10

[quote=“kaikai34”]If you can read Chinese, here are 2 sites.
http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/uoffice88/category/34[/quote]

Is this the bait or the prize?

Gottalovedat, longlittle, pinkyfingernail.

ok,

thks

il get the girl/f to help me .

be good to know if these any course fishing events .

at lest its a start . iv got no gear right now . be im looking at getting alittle out of the u.k and some from taiwan .

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“kaikai34”]If you can read Chinese, here are 2 sites.
http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/uoffice88/category/34[/quote]

Is this the bait or the prize?

Gottalovedat, longlittle, pinkyfingernail.[/quote]
That’s the premium! :roflmao:

[quote=“KEYESGOOD”]ok,

thks

il get the girl/f to help me .

be good to know if these any course fishing events .

at lest its a start . iv got no gear right now . be im looking at getting alittle out of the u.k and some from taiwan .[/quote]

Some places have shrimp fishing … and they cook it for you if you’re able to catch some out of their concrete basins. :smiley:

River/stream fishing, especially fly fishing, is clearly fairly popular here because every time I go river tracing (Wulai/Pinglin/Yilan/etc.), I see plenty of anglers up the small mountain streams and rivers where the water is clean. The fish in these small streams and rivers, however, are mostly minnow to palm size. Somewhere more remote, they might get a chance to grow bigger, but if you want to catch your dinner, ocean is probably the way to go. I’d just ask around a fishing tackle shop if you’re looking for more specifics.

“river fishing” and “mountain” sound like illegal. There’s a website, that pitifully enough I don’t remember, where you can see where’s allowed and when to fish. I have never fished in river here, but a couple of times in the coast. There’s also a lot of private ponds well stocked, although I guess that it doesn’t feel the same. You can get more captures, though.

God damnit, I’m looking forward a day of fishing :slight_smile:

That is a nasty looking critter :open_mouth: Not in Taiwan Rivers I hope.

Jeremy should do an episode on fishing Taiwan’s temple ponds.

2 Likes

I seen a lot of people fishing around Danshui river. But I don’t know if this qualifies as river fishing because technically it’s brackish water.