Road rage caused by cars?

Road rage is caused by cars.

[quote=“bob”]Road rage is caused by cars.[/quote]You think guns cause people to bleed to death as well? People bob, it’s people that beat other people up.
Thanks for the laugh though, you tree-hugging nutcase. :rainbow:

People who spend hours a day isolated in their ego extensions and being continually frustrated in their freedom of the open road fantasies by the existence of other people in “their” ego extensions. Mile after meaningless mile the ego extensions irritate and bump up against each other. No wonder people go nuts. Or do you think it is a coincidence that nobody ever coined the term “pedestrian rage”? Road rage is caused by cars.

No-one ever coined the term “pedestrian rage” because that already has a name - it’s called “fighting”.

Road rage is the rage that people experience while driving a vehicle. As far as I know no such term has been coined to describe the rage that people feel while riding a bicycle, or walking, or using public transit for the simple reason that these things do not cause the same kind of feelings. Road rage is caused by cars.

[quote=“bob”

People who spend hours a day isolated in their ego extensions and being continually frustrated in their freedom of the open road fantasies by the existence of other people in “their” ego extensions. Mile after meaningless mile the ego extensions irritate and bump up against each other. No wonder people go nuts. Or do you think it is a coincidence that nobody ever coined the term “pedestrian rage”? Road rage is caused by cars.[/quote]

Dude,

Sigmund on two wheels you are not. Stick to collecting Hello Kitty magnets.

If you have nothing interesting to say why not just piss off.

Yes there has - it’s called “getting pissed off”. Are you seriously saying that no-one gets shitty at people barging into them and cutting them off while walking down the street, getting barged around on buses, or getting cut off on a bike, for example? People get pissed off everywhere - road rage was just a media term that was handy for sensationalist headlines and caught on.

If you have nothing interesting to say why not just piss off.[/quote]

Okay, I will just piss off. Thanks for giving me permission, Mom.

If you have nothing interesting to say why not just piss off.[/quote]
Road rage, pedestrian rage, hell, look at the above – we even have “'rumosa rage.”

Another very real phenomenon. :wink:

Are you sure it only “caught on” because the media used it? Perhaps it caught on because we have all felt that particular sort of rage caused by the frustrations of driving.

I didn’t say it caught on because the media used it. I said the media used it and it caught on. Miles of difference.

OK but it doesn’t make much difference anyway. All I am saying is that road rage is caused by the isolation and very real power that an automobile provides. When that sense of power gets frustrated people go ballistic. We have all seen this, heck a few of us have no doubt felt it…

If that were true, everyone who drives would always get road rage. Which they don’t. Some people don’t get it at all. Meaning there’s obviously more to it than your simplistic interpretation.

[quote=“bob”]
People who spend hours a day isolated in their ego extensions and being continually frustrated in their freedom of the open road fantasies by the existence of other people in “their” ego extensions.[/quote]I think I see where you’re coming from with this. All the TV ads for cars here feature guys blasting through wide-open spaces, wailing carefree down empty roads, screeching around like stuntmen on ice and all the while being admired by inferior plebian members of society like trophy wives and pedestrians.
Is that what you’re talking about bob? Help us understand? :help:
But of course, marketing is all about fantasy and unreality. Do you really think that everyone with four wheels buys into that? :loco:

I had it bad yesterday. I think it is caused by the brain dead morons that drive side by side at 30kph below the speed limit but for no other reason than that they are selfish, thoughtless, and stupid imbeciles.

I think you should be a bit kinder to Bob. :wink:

If that were true, everyone who drives would always get road rage. Which they don’t. Some people don’t get it at all. Meaning there’s obviously more to it than your simplistic interpretation.[/quote]

Tetsuo darling, yes. You are correct. There is more to it than my simplistic interpretation would suggest. We could probably talk about seratonin levels, and the feelings of insecurity and panic felt by men, in this, the age of women’s emancipation from the shackles of male dominance, and adult propensity for violence among child abuse victims and…

Or, if we were so inclined, we could admit that there seems to be something about operating a vehicle that turns “some” people into assholes. People who might not tend to be such assholes otherwise. Hence the expression “road” rage.

Is there any other kind?