(ROC VISA) The longest time that Grandmother can stay in Taiwan?

Hi folks
I and my wife are Vietnamese, my wife is working and I’m studying PhD here in Taiwan. We all have ARC as the company helps my wife to do the ARC and My school helps me to do it too.

We soon will have a baby on May 2012 (my wife is at 5-month pregnant now).
We would like to invite Grandmother to visit us when the deliver time comes. But as usual, She almost can stay for 2 months only with Visitor Visa (I have invited our grandparent before to Taiwan and the VISA was issued by Taiwan Representative in Vietnam)

But we heard that grandmother can extend her Visa for two times once she stay in Taiwan for the first 2 months (The Foreign Affair in Taipei can do that)
SO totally, it should be 6 months that our grandmother can stay here with us. (?!) :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

So how’s about the Insurance for our grandmother?

Please share the experience with us. How’s about yours?
Thank you very very much!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I would contact NIA directly and confirm what type of visa would be available and potentially extendable to the baby’s grandmother as a citizen of Vietnam and you both as foreigners. And confirm the number of times it can in theory be extended if circumstances require and what documentation would be required to extend it.

This is a rather specific situation that can vary by country (based on types of visa available) and one where you will want to rely directly on the advice of the NIA. The NIA does have an FAQ on it goo.gl/Mpij7 though it does not answer your question specifically.

What type of insurance are you inquiring about? National Health Insurance?

For a foreigner to obtain National Health Insurance, he/she must have an ARC and (1) be employed, with employment permission from the government, or (2) have resided in Taiwan over six months continuously.

What type of insurance are you inquiring about? National Health Insurance?

For a foreigner to obtain National Health Insurance, he/she must have an ARC and (1) be employed, with employment permission from the government, or (2) have resided in Taiwan over six months continuously.[/quote]

Or be on a dependent ARC. There is no requirement to be employed.

Thank you all, I have got it!!!