Rod Stewart in Kaohsiung (CANCELLED)

I did not see that coming.

At age 78, “Live in concert one last time” sounds ominous. I just found out he has a daughter my age (60), two grandchildren, and his youngest son is 12. I guess Rod’s still got it.

5 Likes

Why another concert tour now?

My guess: it can’t be cheap to support a family that large. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

And I just found out he’s alive!

:banana:

3 Likes

What’s up with Kaohsiung getting all the big shows instead of Taipei lately? Not that there has been one I actually want to go see yet, but at this rate there will be before long.

1 Like

This is cancelled. He also cancelled shows in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Philippines while other Asian shows are still going ahead.

Poor ticket sales?

2 Likes

How many here heard the name and thought the ICRT guy could sing?

1 Like

It’s ok. We still had Ed Sheeran last weekend. And that is someone I have actually heard of.

There is a 55000 seats stadium that otherwise empty.

Where in Taipei (i.e. which specific venue) do you think such shows should go?

Guy

Or poor health.

It’s possible. The man is apparently 79 years old. The news concerning the cancellation of his concert in Malaysia cites “unforeseen circumstances.”

Btw, you have to hand it to the journalist who composed the article linked here. Check out this prose! :joy:

The cancellation notice comes as a bummer for fans who have been waiting nearly three decades for Stewart to stage a show in Malaysia.

Guy

3 Likes

Really? Not heard of Rod Stewart? Wow

2 Likes

Hopefully the refund to my VISA card won’t take too long.

Wait, you have a credit card?!?!

Fun note to admins. I was selecting the rolling laughing emoji 4 times already. Each time it comes out differently

Attempt 5:

:potable_water:

1 Like

I can beat that. I have a friend who’s never heard of Bob Dylan.

1 Like

I dunno, wherever the hell the giant shows used to go in Taipei? Pre-pandemic they were a regular thing.

They have a show in Singapore. Everyone could actually book a cheaper flight to SG.

Wait!! You don’t have a credit card?

Are you talking about me?

Ok I didn’t say I’ve never heard of him. I said I didn’t know what he was famous for.

No, I genuinely have a mate who’s never heard of him. I think we may have discussed this before.

I think I’m getting early onset dementia.