Roll on the Elections!

it’s from UDN, do they even normally go on praising CSB? Where did they do the poll? Taipei?

And Paogao, I’m sorry if my posts are not of the quality they should be. I try my best to make plausible posts.

I don’t see the problem in asking people in Taipei. They had to live under CSB for over 15 years now.

What’s the point in asking people who don’t even live under CSB rule.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Muzha Man,

You speak of suicide like an atheist. [/quote]

I am an atheist.

[quote]
Suicide rates are up in Japan and Taiwan, societies that want to de-sinify.
Whereas suicide rates are not up dramatically in HK, Singapore, or China; societies that clearly happy to be predominately Chinese.

I can clearly then just make a claim that degree of Sinification is inversely proportional to suicide rates.[/quote]

This is self-evidently retarded thinking.

[quote]
CKS also tried to internationalize Taiwan, so that foreigners can freely walk about the island and earn a living as well. This is a legacy of the Chiang Era.

CKS also pure untold millions into Western Universities to promote Chinese culture among acedemics. Some of those acedemics took those opportunities to come to Taiwan for intellectual exchanges. This is a legacy of the Chiang Era.[/quote]

These two accomplishments do indeed overshadow leaving an island dirtier and uglier and more corrupt than when you took over.

I am no fan of the CSB admin and indeed in too many ways it has been an abject failure.

[quote]
To complain about an administration that was 4 presidency ago, seems so mature and forward thinking of any leader.[/quote]

As opposed to comparing who’s admin was better for suicides? :loco:

Here’s a more serious discussion of the suicide issue in Taiwan. As ESWN notes, no one should be trying to turn this tragic problem into a political one. The educational system, consumer debt, and the breakdown of the traditional family order are respectively responsible for suicides among the young, adults, and the elderly.

Muzha Man while the foundations for the degradation of Taiwan’s environment were certainly laid during the elder Chiang’s rule, most of the destructive development you rightly deplore actually took place under the rule of Chiang Ching-kuo. Keep in mind that CCK ran Taiwan from the late 1960s on even if he didn’t become president until 1978. One exception to that was the massive logging that got underway under the elder Chiang.

Too bad there isn’t an exit poll for people who commit suicide.

Did you shoot CSB during the last presidential election?
Is it CSB fault you are planning to die in the next 30 seconds?

Without these numbers how can any political hack make contrary claims to KMT assertions?

You flatter me. If I took over the island I would force everyone to write in my distinct form of English, instead of those rubbish grammar exam used on those Taiwan college exams.

It’s be wall to wall Tai-mei in skimpy Bing-lang outfits everywhere. I’d make VP Lu look professionally competent.