Ron DeSantis

The Hill reached out for comment–we’ll see if this authoritarian censorship bill has his support. I think I saw that he supported something in the same vein recently but I can’t find it now.

The DeSantis/Rufo New College plan has been talked about a lot

1 Like

I will be very happy when this kind of thinking trickles down to the high school level.

I can’t imagine why pushback was unexpected.

1 Like

Yeah…is it just some extreme politician trying to make news with a bill that has no chance of passing?
idk… Desantis have any comment on it?

2 Likes

Haven’t seen yet.

this kinda answers it

2 Likes

Not sure how much credence to give this, but it’s interesting that he was there at least. I didn’t know that. Like the comment by “Tony Montana”, I worry about his ruthlessness (maybe not quite as much as Tony). I can see him doing something like alleged there at Guantanamo lol

I heard a guy who had been imprisoned at GITMO bitch about him a while back. Seemed bullshitty to me at the time. Political smear feel to it.

1 Like

Came across this when running down some Rufo quotes :slight_smile: Good talk. It occurs to me, how much do you want to bet Rufo becomes Secretary of Education in a DeSantis administration? They seem thicker than thieves now.

He’ll be about as successful as Betsy was

1 Like

It’s hard to say. This team would be more ruthless and less stupid. But, probably, yeah.

1 Like

Well… everyone involved there with the prisoners is somewhat suspect given that when he was there when we were doing a bunch of bad shit to prisoners, he was working with the prisoners, and he was supposed to be advocating for them.

Desantis did disavow it.

1 Like

lmao, republicans get to choose between Putin’s bitch vs putin wana be.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :circus_tent: :circus_tent: :circus_tent:

that bill requiring people to register to blog about him…but don’t need to register to blog about how vaccines cause magnetic hemorrhoids.

Not his bill. As I just said, he blocked it. I imagine we’ll still be hearing about it for years to come though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

can’t wait till the great shit show debate

some books shown may be :nsfw:

1 Like

I’m fairly sure there’s a word for heavy censorship, state direction of commerce, media, and economy. Can someone remind me? It starts with a Co but the rest isn’t coming to mind at the moment.