Ron Paul wins in the Faux News candidate debate

Ron Paul Succeeds In Fox’s Biased Debate

It’s amazing the way the moderator just sneers at Paul like he’s some slimy, terrorist-coddling ‘liberal in patriot’s clothing’.

Also from the debate…

Audience Applauds As Giuliani, Tancredo Endorse Waterboarding Torture

…and…

Romney: We ought to DOUBLE Guantonamo

Actually, Fox’s viewer poll simply confirms what Alex Cockburn points out in this excellent article:

Only Mike Gravel and Ron Paul Get It -
Trying to Catch Up with the Voters

Basically, that…

In a Republican debate and despite all the skewing Fox could contrive, , the anti-war, anti-‘stay the course’, anti-interventionism candidate won. The wind is indeed changing…

And now, Fox News smears him. As much as the Republican establishment seems to detest this guy, I’m beginning to think he’s for real!

Yet Another Fox News Smear Job On Ron Paul, Alex Jones & 9/11 Truth

The copy is nothing worth reading, but the actual video clips from Fox are a definite smear-job. Anyone who actually saw the debate will be amazed at how they can so obviously strawman this guy with their attacks.

Any Republican with half a conscience, should be outraged. [/quote]

Ron Paul is a putz.

www.gohunter08.com

That’s ironic. Weren’t you complaining about irrelevant comments and ad hominem attacks in another thread? I even supported you in your second claim!

And this guy Hunter is all about building a WALL? Great. That’ll restore America to greatness. Seems the Republican party is at it’s best when there’s some scary enemy like terrorists, Communists or illegal aliens to fear-monger about. Let me quote Friedman again:

Now, back to the actual topic of this post. Here is what Ron Paul actually said:

[quote]“Well,” he said, “I think the party has lost its way, because the conservative wing of the Republican Party always advocated a noninterventionist foreign policy. Senator Robert Taft didn’t even want to be in NATO. George Bush won the election in the year 2000 campaigning on a humble foreign policy – no nation-building, no policing of the world. Republicans were elected to end the Korean War. The Republicans were elected to end the Vietnam War. There’s a strong tradition of being anti-war in the Republican party. It is the constitutional position. It is the advice of the Founders to follow a non-interventionist foreign policy, stay out of entangling alliances, be friends with countries, negotiate and talk with them and trade with them.”

He was then asked if 9-11 changed anything. He responded that US foreign policy was a "major contributing factor. Have you ever read the reasons they attacked us? They attacked us because we’ve been over there; we’ve been bombing Iraq for 10 years. We’ve been in the Middle East – I think Reagan was right. We don’t understand the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics. So right now we’re building an embassy in Iraq that’s bigger than the Vatican. We’re building 14 permanent bases. What would we say here if China was doing this in our country or in the Gulf of Mexico? We would be objecting. We need to look at what we do from the perspective of what would happen if somebody else did it to us. "[/quote]

Ron Paul Said It

What a brave and steadfast man, what an individualist, to stand up to that crowd of insincerely patriotic, conformist POSERS trying to out-redneck each other!

And now this testimony

[quote]Michael Scheuer, the former head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit, has weighed in on the controversy surrounding the Republican Presidential debate held Tuesday May 15, when Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) stated that American foreign policy was a “contributing factor” in the 9/11 attacks.

“They attack us because we’ve been over there; we’ve been bombing Iraq for 10 years.” Paul said. He was then denounced by former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani who said it was “absurd” and that he’d “never” heard such a thing before demanding a retraction.

In an interview with Antiwar.com’s Antiwar Radio on May 18, Scheuer, who was the head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit, Alec Station, and authored the books Through Our Enemies Eyes and Imperial Hubris, said “I thought Mr. Paul captured it the other night exactly correctly. This war is dangerous to America because it’s based, not on gender equality, as Mr. Giuliani suggested, or any other kind of freedom, but simply because of what we do in the Islamic World – because ‘we’re over there,’ basically, as Mr. Paul said in the debate.”

Scheuer also agreed with Dr. Paul’s statement in the debate that the war in Iraq was a diversion from capturing or killing Osama bin Laden and that bin Laden was “delighted” that the U.S. is occupying Iraq as it has become a training ground and recruiting tool for new jihadists joining the movement.[/quote]

Gotta give credit where credit is due: for all my raving about Fox being biased, now one of THEIR people is saying Ron Paul is right!

[quote] The reaction to the showdown between Rep. Ron Paul and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been fascinating. Paul suggested that the recent history of U.S. foreign policy endeavors overseas may have had something to do with terrorists’ willingness to come to America, live here for several months, then give their lives to kill as many Americans as possible.

Perhaps, Paul suggested, the 15-year presence of the U.S. military forces in Muslim countries may have motivated them. For that, Giuliani excoriated him, calling it an “extraordinary statement,” adding, “I don’t think I’ve heard that before.”

Let’s be blunt. Giuliani was either lying, or he hasn’t cracked a book in six years.

[b]The “blowback” theory isn’t some fringe idea common only to crazy Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists. It doesn’t suggest that we “deserved” the Sept. 11 attacks, nor does it suggest we shouldn’t have retaliated against the people who waged them.

What it does say is that actions have consequences. When the Arab and Muslim world continually sees U.S. troops marching through Arab and Muslim backyards, U.S. trade sanctions causing Arab and Muslim suffering and U.S. bombs landing on Arab and Muslim homes, it isn’t difficult to see how Arabs could begin to develop a deep contempt for the U.S.[/b][/quote]

Ron Paul has a Point

F----in’ A!!! Go Fox!

[quote=“Vay”]
Any Republican with half a conscience, should be outraged.[/quote]

Well, there’s your problem for a start.

And they’d need a brain too…

Fox is the pits. Glad to have had Rupert Murdoch give up his Australian citizenship for Fox. And he married a Chinese woman to get into the Chinese market… pissed his original wife off no end. What a schmuck. A rich one, but still a schmuck.

Go here: http://www.outfoxed.org/

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Ron Paul is a putz.

www.gohunter08.com[/quote]

Why? Because he doesn’t kiss the Bush Administration’s ass and robotically parrot the party line?

Ron Paul had the guts to tell it like it is instead of mindlessly regurgitating the GOP Talking Points™ like the other candidates.

The blowback theory isn’t new. If candidates are ignoring it, on either side of the fence, I don’t see much changing…anywhere.

BTW, Bill Maher is quite the fan of Ron Paul as well.