Rudy! rudy! rudy!

[quote] WASHINGTON (AP) – Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who became a national hero for his response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, suggested Monday that a formal presidential announcement was a matter of when, not if.

“Today we just took another step toward running for president,” the Republican said, hours after filing a so-called “statement of candidacy” with the Federal Election Commission, which moved him closer to a full-fledged campaign.

“It’s a big step, an important one. Quite honestly, we’re probably ahead of schedule,” Giuliani told reporters in Long Island while campaigning with a state Senate candidate. “We still have to think about a formal announcement and how to do it, but this is a pretty strong step.”

Later, in an interview on Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes,” Giuliani said: “I’m in this to win.” [/quote]

breitbart.com/news/2007/02/05/D8N3UM5G0.html

Please Lord, this is JD. I know we haven’t spoken much, being that I don’t believe in you, but whatever, you made me this way so look in the mirror more often and this won’t happen…anyway Lord, Hillary and Rudy really REALLy should face off, not just in the primaries, but later on, in the televised debates. I mean, not only is this great TV, but I’m think Rudy will give Hillary a spanking that will go down in history.

What do you say, Yaweh?

Meanwhile, polls in New York show…

newyorkbusiness.com/

''To know, know, know him, is to…"

More importantly, how does she do in Texas and the South?

[quote=“MikeN”]Meanwhile, polls in New York show…

newyorkbusiness.com/

''To know, know, know him, is to…"[/quote]

Now that Rudy has left NY politics, the whole Democratic Elite stigma will be all Hillary’s.

How does she play in Florida?

And having such high numbers at the gitgo is NOT a good thing in most cases.

More importantly, how does she do in Texas and the South?[/quote]More importantly still, how does anyone other than Hilary do?

Please, please, don’t let the Democrats pick her… particularly not as part of a cheesy “buy one, get two” Clinton package.

I’m all for Rudy. But does he support universal health care? as for Hilary. yawn

More importantly, how does she do in Texas and the South?[/quote]

Doesnt matter; the Dems arent going to win Texas and the South anyway, nor do they need them. She does outpoll both McCain and Giuliani in Ohio.

Jaboney said:

Totally agree.

I think Giuliani would be the toughest opponent for the Democrats- the question is will the Republican primary voters support a cross-dressing, sodomite-supporting, pro-baby-murdering, gun-controlling multiple adulterer?

The answer is probably yes- Dobson and the other Fundie leaders will be so anxious to hold onto power that they’ll back Rudi and instruct their flocks to overlook his minor faults. All he’ll have to do is promise to appoint Alito clones to the Supreme Court.

[quote] MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) – New Hampshire residents likely to vote in the Republican presidential primary a year from now think more highly of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani than any of his rivals, a poll released Tuesday shows.

Giuliani’s net favorability rating _ the proportion of people viewing him favorably minus the proportion viewing him unfavorably _ was 56 percent, well ahead of Sen. John McCain, 32 percent, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, 26 percent, in the University of New Hampshire poll for WMUR-TV in Manchester.

“He’s the lesser-known candidate, but he has that rock star quality,” poll director Andy Smith said of Giuliani. “He has a charisma that was built after 9-11.” [/quote]
breitbart.com/news/2007/02/06/D8N4H3980.html
Rock Star Rudy!

I rike that.

The challenge for Rudy is to not get castrated when Hillary and Obama pull the whole platform to the Left. There are lots of moderate Republicans who still go to church but don’t hate gays, couldn’t care less about divorce, think the war on drugs is stupid; domestically Rudy is in good shape. When it comes to foreign policy I DREAM of seeing Rudy meet with Saudi Arabian leaders to talk about their financing of Wahibbist brainwashing clinics in the USA.

So please Lord…say it with me…RU…DY!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUU…DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:rainbow:

My $$ (a ficticious thing, of course) says that by the time it matters, those numbers against Hillary and the rest will be right about even. He’s just been off the radar for a while. Let him campaign for a while as the guy who cleaned up New York and then led the 911 recovery, and he’ll do just fine.

I thought Rudy dropped out of the 2000 senatorial election campaign for health reasons. I’m assuming that’s no longer of concern, eight years later.

[quote]When it comes to foreign policy I DREAM of seeing Rudy meet with Saudi Arabian leaders to talk about their financing of Wahibbist brainwashing clinics in the USA.
[/quote]

I’m with you there JD. I look forward to the day when any US president is willing to examine the Wahhabi threat and close down their extremist mosques and religious schools in our country.

[quote]I think Giuliani would be the toughest opponent for the Democrats- the question is will the Republican primary voters support a cross-dressing, sodomite-supporting, pro-baby-murdering, gun-controlling multiple adulterer?

The answer is probably yes[/quote]

Very nicely put.

It would get more interesting to see if the millions of evangelical Christians who got duped by George W and Carl Rove would support such a man.

What about the famous ferret incident on a big NYC talk show a few years ago? Has everyone forgotten Rudy’s natural, well, asshole-ness? For those of us who heard it, it was definitely a Howard Dean in Iowa moment. If Hillary and Rudy did square off, I wouldn’t put it past the assasins on Mrs. Clinton’s staff to dredge this exchange up again.

guardian.co.uk/weekend/story … 59,00.html (article references part of the transcript of the show)

[quote]on July 23 1999, New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani was answering listeners’ questions on a radio station when the following conversation ensued:

Caller Let me introduce myself again: David Guthartz, executive president of New York Ferrets’ Rights Advocacy. Last week when we spoke, you made a very disparaging remark to me: that I should get a life. That was very unprofessional of you.

Giuliani There’s something deranged about you.

Guthartz No, there isn’t, sir.

Giuliani The excessive concern that you have for ferrets is something you should examine with a therapist, not with me.

Guthartz Don’t go insulting me again!

Giuliani I’m not insulting you. I’m being honest with you. Maybe no one in your life has ever been honest with you.

Guthartz I happen to be more sane than you.

Giuliani This conversation is over, David. Thank you.

Guthartz was then cut off the air, but Giuliani continued: “There is something really, really, very sad about you,” he said. “You need help. This excessive concern with little weasels is a sickness. You should consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist …”[/quote]

Not cool. I love ferrets.