Rugby: November 2009 tours

[quote=“bismarck”]lol///love the “skants”. :roflmao:

The boke team for the Irish test:

[quote]Springbok team: Zane Kirchner, JP Pietersen, Jaque Fourie, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Danie Rossouw, Schalk Burger, Heinrich Brussow, Victor Matfield, Bakkies Botha, BJ Botha, John Smit (captain), Tendai Mtawarira.

Reserves: Bismarck du Plessis, CJ van der Linde, Andries Bekker, Jean Deysel, Dewald Potgieter, Ruan Pienaar, Jean de Villiers.[/quote]
This is a great team. [/quote]
Damn straight, that’s a great team. Look forward to this match, should be a great match-good luck to both teams.

Personally, I have a bit of scorn for the French team and FRU and their cheating ways. Just recently:
I dislike that we have to play in white since they purposefully changed their traditional light blue shirts and white shorts, to a navy blue top and bottom so now it is very similar to our black strip. Then there was the white Nonu back in NZ this year making up assault charges against the locals, where in fact he just got drunk and fell over in his hotel room (or was he in an altercation with his team mates?-cover up by the French team). Then there’s our history against them in the World Cup. Hope we smash them by 20. Just not sure if it’ll happen.

Sattelite TV, looking good mate, must have been a great day over in Japan.

Yes, was a really good atmosphere.

[quote=“Kea”][quote=“bismarck”]lol///love the “skants”. :roflmao:

The boke team for the Irish test:

[quote]Springbok team: Zane Kirchner, JP Pietersen, Jaque Fourie, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Danie Rossouw, Schalk Burger, Heinrich Brussow, Victor Matfield, Bakkies Botha, BJ Botha, John Smit (captain), Tendai Mtawarira.

Reserves: Bismarck du Plessis, CJ van der Linde, Andries Bekker, Jean Deysel, Dewald Potgieter, Ruan Pienaar, Jean de Villiers.[/quote]
This is a great team. [/quote]
Damn straight, that’s a great team. Look forward to this match, should be a great match-good luck to both teams.

Personally, I have a bit of scorn for the French team and FRU and their cheating ways. Just recently:
I dislike that we have to play in white since they purposefully changed their traditional light blue shirts and white shorts, to a navy blue top and bottom so now it is very similar to our black strip. Then there was the white Nonu back in NZ this year making up assault charges against the locals, where in fact he just got drunk and fell over in his hotel room (or was he in an altercation with his team mates?-cover up by the French team). Then there’s our history against them in the World Cup. Hope we smash them by 20. Just not sure if it’ll happen.

Sattelite TV, looking good mate, must have been a great day over in Japan.[/quote]
I’m with you there. Hope the All Blacks get sweet revenge for the Southern Hemisphere after the Springbok loss. That and Thierry Henry, bloody cheat!

Go Southern Hemisphere!!!

Boks lost again… Ireland put up a good fight… Damn boks lost 2 games to clubs as well. :aiyo:

Boks lost again… Ireland put up a good fight… Damn boks lost 2 games to clubs as well. :aiyo:[/quote]
Ireland played well. At least we got the only try of the match, but it’s a pity we missed four damn penalties.

Nice game though, but I have to say it was a relative abortion of a tour. I really think these guys play too much rugby They need to do something about giving the top 22 lads a break somewhere during the year.

Was pleased Argentina got one over on Scotland. My pick exactly! By 3! :discodance:

Italy smacked Samoa 24 - 6 (by 18). Proud to say my wife took the sweep in that pick as she picked Italy by 19. :thumbsup:

Update: Good solid win by Australia over Wales. Aussie 33 - 12 Wales.

And in the end New Zealand comprehensively outplayed France and made them look hapless even. All Blacks 39 - 12 France.
Cory Jane’s try in the 61st minute is my choice for try of the year. Pure brilliance.

When I was pondering my picks for the week I said to myself, it should be a close game (based on performances so far), but on any given day anything can happen. The All Blacks run away with it against France and the Wallabies who lost a week ago to Scotland in a game where Giteau couldn’t slot the easiest of kicks romped home against Wales with Matt G running amok all over the park.

Ain’t rugby great? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have recorded it but you’ll need to bring a USB Hard Drive not a USB Stick. Give me a call

How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Marsaille"? Who knows they’ve never tried.

Now, now… :no-no:
That’s the thing with the Frogs though, isn’t it? Once you get a try or three over them they give up the ghost a bit. Disappointing at the end, I thought they’d have more fight in them than that.

Did you see that awesome 61st minute try by Cory Jane!? Sheer brilliance.

SydneyDave came over to my office and took away some recorded rugby games that he can now replay either with WMP or with the HAVA PC Player software.

I am sure he will enjoy the games now in full D1 resolution quality recorded at over 9mb/s speed at 0ms ping.

Now, now… :no-no:
That’s the thing with the Frogs though, isn’t it? Once you get a try or three over them they give up the ghost a bit. Disappointing at the end, I thought they’d have more fight in them than that.

Did you see that awesome 61st minute try by Cory Jane!? Sheer brilliance.[/quote]
True,true…I should have quipped “How many outside backs does it take to defend a surrender monkey try line?”.The French were fairly competitive elsewhere. This was the best AB performance since the Lions tour in 2005. They played superbly and they played as a team. I not too fussed how the ‘B’ team play against the BaaBaas next weekend…tho now I’ve pinched the superbru lead from Elf,I’d like to get a close pick.
Mr B,Jane has been the standout new player this year…if only he’d been playing in the republic during the TNs. Great to see Sivi and Mils back to good form.
ABs haven’t had a try scored against them in the NH since cough,cough the 2007 World Cup.

Thanks so much for that Jim. The resolution and sound was excellent. When i get a pay rise I’ll definately get sat installed.

bismarck wrote:
Did you see that awesome 61st minute try by Cory Jane!? Sheer brilliance.

SydneyDave came over to my office and took away some recorded rugby games that he can now replay either with WMP or with the HAVA PC Player software.

I am sure he will enjoy the games now in full D1 resolution quality recorded at over 9mb/s speed at 0ms ping.

The last match of the November tours, ironically in the first weekend of December…

Anyhow, The Barbarians vs All Blacks.

[quote] Barbarians

Drew Mitchell (AUS); Joe Rokocoko (NZL), Jacques Fourie (RSA), Jamie Roberts (WAL), Bryan Habana (RSA); Matt Giteau (AUS), Fourie du Preez (RSA); George Smith (AUS), Schalk Burger (RSA), Rocky Elsom (AUS); Victor Matfield (RSA, capt), Carlo del Fava (ITA); WP Nel (RSA/uncappped); Bismarck du Plessis (RSA), Salvatore Perugini (ITA)

Replacements: Stephen Moore (AUS), Tenai Mtawarira (RSA), Quintin Geldenhuys (ITA), Andy Powell (WAL), Will Genia (AUS), Morne Steyn (RSA), Leigh Halfpenny (WAL)

New Zealand

Cory Jane; Zac Guildford, Tamati Ellison, Luke McAllister, Ben Smith; Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard; Rodney So’oialo, Richie McCaw (capt), Liam Messam; Anthony Boric, Jason Eaton; John Afoa, Corey Flynn, Wyatt Crockett

Replacements: Andrew Hore, Neemia Tialata, Adam Thomson, Tanerau Latimer, Jimmy Cowan, Mike Delany, Sitiveni Sivivatu[/quote]

Should be a great game. I’m hoping it’ll be very loose with loads of tries.

Congrats to the baabaas on their outstanding 2nd half performance.Great effort by Mallet,Matfield and esp Habana.Great to see BH get a hat trick and the crowd showing their ‘man-love’ for him.Both teams played the game in a good spirit and there was some wonderful back play by both teams.
A final loss isn’t the way I wanted to end the Ab tour, but I’d rather lose to the talented Baabaas than to England or France.
Congrats to Elf for taking out the Superbru tourney.Well done mate,you basically led from beginning to end. :notworthy:
Edit.Forgot to mention that I’m almost certain that the Donald Duck is finally over…He wasn’t,isn’t and will never be up to international level.Pleased to see Luke Mac shaking the NH out of his system and playing well again.

[quote=“Wandering”]Congrats to the baabaas on their outstanding 2nd half performance.Great effort by Mallet,Matfield and esp Habana.Great to see BH get a hat trick and the crowd showing their ‘man-love’ for him.Both teams played the game in a good spirit and there was some wonderful back play by both teams.
A final loss isn’t the way I wanted to end the Ab tour, but I’d rather lose to the talented Baabaas than to England or France.
Congrats to Elf for taking out the Superbru tourney.Well done mate,you basically led from beginning to end. :notworthy:
Edit.Forgot to mention that I’m almost certain that the Donald Duck is finally over…He wasn’t,isn’t and will never be up to international level.Pleased to see Luke Mac shaking the NH out of his system and playing well again.[/quote]
Where did you see the game? I couldn’t find it anywhere!

I second congrats to Elf. Hope you guys will be up to more of the same when the Super 14 comes round. I’ll start a thread and send you guys invites again before the first round knocks off. Stay tuned.

Thanks guys and girl. It was fun. Hope to see you again in the Super 14 (Start Feb). Bismarck don’t forget to send the invite :stuck_out_tongue:
Keep it real.