🏉 Rugby | The Rugby Thread

Please, let’s keep this about rugby. No nonsense about pads and helmets.

Damn, Argentina hammered New Zealand! Their first victory over them, ever!

Los Pumas utterly dominated the All Blacks in the loose, and crushed them in defense.

As South Africa has shown many times, the key to tackling the ABs is to deny their dangerous backs quality ball. Astonishingly good performance.

2 Likes

Scotland overcame a tricky Italian challenge.

England, as expected, totally dominated Georgia.

Is rugby making progress in Taiwan? Seems like it used to be fairly popular. How is the national team doing? I tried digging around online, but most of the information I find is in a language I should be able to read but can’t just yet.

I have no idea. Apparently there is a league. I once had a burly taxi driver tell me “I play rugby! And fuck you, South Africans, you play dirty!”
He was a lock, so obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.

1 Like

I’ll take that as not much progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m looking for bars in Taipei that are showing the 2023 Rugby World Cup matches, and if possible a good bar to watch the Ireland matches. Most of their matches will kickoff at 3am Taiwan time, so I’ve been finding it difficult to find bars that will be open then. Any recommendations appreciated!

I would check in Maji squared, some pubs have french owners so they probaby put it. But not sure if the match finished too late.
Same for on tap, not sure what time close.

James Joyce?

I thought the Brass Monkey was meant to be a rugby pub? I’m sure they would be showing the World Cup if that remains the case.

Hello,

I move in Taipei some months ago and i am pretty new here. I am searching for 2 Informations :

First i would like to know on which channel i can watch Rugby World Cup 2023 ?
Second i would like to know if you know some good bars to watch the games .

Thank you for your answer

1 Like

I have just registered an account here because I saw this thread earlier.

I was watching the ET news channel and they were advertising the WC will be on that channel or one of their sister channels. I will try and get more information but it’s definitely on here.

Rugby World Cup - Brass Monkey Bar Taipei 銅猴子 Brass Monkey will show

1 Like

It is on here, this explains the service

http://sportcast.com.tw/aboutus.php

We have Home+ (formerly BB), you can buy a sports package to watch this channel for 99TWD a month.

We made an article for french user to watch the Rugby World cup in Taiwan. Thank you all for your help !

1 Like

How good is the French team these days?

Formidable

Never rule out the French. Certainly not at home!

Oh, they play in France?

The All-Blacks not so formidable? :laughing:

1 Like

We shall see. Eire abu!

For those who have MOD RWC is on ch 217
Just click right arrow button to get to Saturday opening game at 3am. Enjoy

https://mod.cht.com.tw/tv/channel.php?id=217

Rugby World Cup 2023 scores, Rugby Union World - Flashscore

1 Like