Rules on putting ads on my building?

Are there any rules on pudding ads on the side of a building that I own? Do I need approval from the city or my 里長 or something? In New Taipei City if it makes any difference

Chocolate is fine, butterscotch is verboten.

6 Likes

Would that be American pudding

or British pudding?

or even Irish pudding?

3 Likes

None of those contain anywhere near enough mung beans or red beans for the Taiwanese pudding consumer. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

My wife’s family own a semi prominent house in Xindian that people pay to advertise on. I asked her, and she’s not aware of any laws that limit this, and thinks they get something around $20,000nt a month for it.

1 Like

Is this a Gongyu or one of those fancy buildings?

Fancy building, better check with your HOA.

Gongyu, I think it’s far looser. One of my biggest appeals of Gongyu is you can do almost whatever you want in it… like run a machine shop in it.

Are you thinking to rent it out? I just hope you don’t mind the you know, bad views… as in blocked views.

If that ad is going to take up multiple floors, better get the other owners to agree.

As for the actual law, I’m not sure because as a foreigner you may end up being subject to it even if it doesn’t apply to anyone else.

Gongyu and the ad space would only be over walls on the floor I own, and wouldn’t need to block any windows. Nope not renting out

What would you want to advertise though, and is there any value in it, as in does it face a major street? This matters a lot I think.

I’ve seen ones that take up one face of a building, not sure who they get permission from, or do they just do it anyways and wait for someone to sue?

I believe the area on which you display ads needs to be shown on your building and/or operating permits, so you might need to get your permits updated. At least that’s how it works for new buildings.

I believe OP is talking about gongyu, so it’s old buildings. If it’s those new fancy apartments, not a chance. They have rules.

I’m talking about the legal/regulatory side of things, not the rules from the homeowners associations. The latter depends completely on the building and as you say gongyu might not care.

If I ever buy properties in Taiwan, it will be gongyu, a lot more freedom to do whatever than those fancy buildings. And it’s not just the HOA as you said.

I believe if you read the OP’s previous posts, he has either bought, or is in the process of buying a gongyu flat, so new building rules do not apply.

However I did disclaim that as a foreigner the rules will be applied more towards you, and those rules don’t ever make any sense.