Russell Brand baptized

Wonderful news about Russel Brand finding Jesus and getting baptized.

4 Likes

Kim Kardashian got booed onstage-- badly. Is the world now in balance?

3 Likes

Some mean-spirited individuals are suggesting that he’s doing this as a distraction from recent accusations, but I’ve watched the video (and some of his other recent stuff) and I get the feeling he’s genuine. He’s taken a journey that has led him inexorably to this point.

6 Likes

He’s frequently talked about his spirituality. Not surprising

4 Likes

I can never make it very far through his videos. Just listening to him talk irritates me a bit.

Finding out he’s now a card-carrying Christian… well, it doesn’t convince me to try watching more of him. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Havent the accusations gone away anyway?

I’ve watched a few of his videos because he occasionally has something interesting to say, but his delivery certainly is irritating. I’ve found his videos intriguing because he’s one of the last people I would have expected to get “red pilled”, and it’s kinda fun to watch how his thinking has evolved.

I thought so, yes. So I don’t think the claim that he’s trying to escape judgement makes much sense. He’s been floundering around looking for spiritual meaning for quite a while, and it seems like he’s found what he was looking for.

1 Like

That is surely Dr Campbell

1 Like

Yeah, him too.

I find the way he presents too chaotic for my taste. But every once in a while he hits a topic right on the head and cuts through all the BS.

2 Likes

Dr. Phill has recently been red pilled as well. Particularly on topics like Covid authoritarian policies and trans ideology pertaining to children.

3 Likes

Cynics would say this is another way to ingratiate himself with a large right leaning audience in the US for his social media channels .
I have a healthy distrust of religion since I was a kid due the fact that charlatans absolutely love religion.and yeah it being complete and utter bollocks. He’s gone from Buddhist hippy dippy stuff to this now … interesting that it aligns with his target audience in the US isn’t it .

Sorry if I offended anybody the comment is not directed at you.or anyone. We are all entitled to our opinions.

2 Likes

I think it might be both ways though in that they have influenced each other.
Although , I think he went catholic ? That’s not very popular with some on the right.

He seems more happy these days. Not just after the baptism but before it too. Maybe that’s what having a family did to him.

1 Like

No, the claims against him are still out standing, as of February 2024

He is also facing a number of other accusations of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse between 2006 and 2013.
In December, London’s Metropolitan Police said he had been questioned in relation to nine alleged offences, and that its inquiries were continuing.
He has previously said his relationships have “always” been consensual.

1 Like

Sometimes these conversions are genuine, sometimes not. I was suspicious of Watergate figure Chuck Colson’s conveniently timed prison conversion, but over the years I became convincedhe had genuinely changed.
Jeffrey Dahmer, the ‘Milwaukee Cannibal’ who was convicted of 15 counts of murder, and received 15 life sentences, became an Evangelical Christian while in prison and received baptism in a specially built pool, before later being killed by another prisoner (who said God told him to do it). I don’t know if his conversion was genuine, but according to many evangelicals you are washed clean of your former sins if you sincerely repent and then receive Jesus (Dahmer himself wondered if someone like him, who had committed so many awful sins, could be forgiven). According to this belief, Dahmer goes to Heaven, while his victims, who were homosexuals, sometimes prostitutes, who were mostly instantly killed from behind with no time to repent, are roasting in Hell for eternity.

He might as well set up his own religion. He’s been trading off of his messianic vibe ever since he kicked heroin.

3 Likes

Yeah his schtick is 100% see thru at this stage.
Conveniently all these things are filmed for mass consumption and $$$$ online. Just another conman hoovering up the dollars.

1 Like

The Church of the Latter-Day Gobshites

3 Likes

Or— or, wtf do we all know? It’s his life and afaik no one can read minds.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not like he needs to.

1 Like