Russia Invades Ukraine and No One Cares

We’re getting 1 NT for every non sequitur we catch and release in the wild.[/quote]

So in other words, you get less than 0.5? :laughing:[/quote]

That will be another 1NT please.[/quote]

Non-sequitur: as a part of your job function you do understand what that is, right? If so, then you should realize that a post clarifying the currency conversion of your self-stated per-post income does not meet the definition, and you are merely trolling, and therefore ineligible for the 1NT. If not, then you are still trolling, but with a weaker gasp of your intended job function than originally anticipated; ie, someone needs to talk to your boss.

Preempting another attempt to claim 1NT, please again refer to the definition of non-sequitur. Your understanding, or lack thereof, of non-sequitur is clearly germane to the topic at hand. I’d venture, given your command of English, and ability to construct a logical argument, you clearly are worth every penny.[/quote]

My idea of a non sequitur is a cheese eating surrender monkey publicly defending the honor of Pox Americana.[/quote]

Tisk, tisk. Sticks and stones…will still not enable you to somehow link Ukraine and Iraq. Unless of course you have trouble distinguishing chalk and cheese.

I, of course, don’t think French people were “cheese eating surrender monkeys” for opposing the hallucination fueled invasion of Iraq just as I don’t think anyone who opposes the delusion fueled invasion of Ukraine is a cheese eating surrender monkey. My real point is that you have to practice what you preach if you want to get anywhere in life.

Yes, because what we all preach is EXACTLY the same. Nothing to see here. Saddam is W. is Putin is ISIL is Merkel is Netanyahu… All just the same… Which is why Lincoln is Hitler is Washington is Stalin is Roosvelt is Pope John Paul II. All need to practice what they preach, just like Hitler and Stalin and Mao did or you are not being true to yourself. Right?

Yes, because what we all preach is EXACTLY the same. Nothing to see here. Saddam is W. is Putin is ISIL is Merkel is Netanyahu… All just the same… Which is why Lincoln is Hitler is Washington is Stalin is Roosvelt is Pope John Paul II. All need to practice what they preach, just like Hitler and Stalin and Mao did or you are not being true to yourself. Right?[/quote]

I realize ‘practice what you preach’ is a sore point with neocons because they’re convinced they make the rules everyone else has to live by but if history is any guide even they’ll have to admit eventually that a raging messiah complex is no substitute for the moral high ground.

Ceasefire is over,surprise surprise. Still waiting for evidence of a “Russian invasion.”

Perhaps, it would be better phrased thus:

We are still awaiting evidence on “intelligence” regarding those who question Russian invasion… Just a thought… I have many… You can borrow one or two if you lack them… not saying that is evident but it is…

Perhaps, it would be better phrased thus:

We are still awaiting evidence on “intelligence” regarding those who question Russian invasion… Just a thought… I have many… You can borrow one or two if you lack them… not saying that is evident but it is…[/quote]
Resorting to character assassination does not do your intelligence and education any justice, Fred. Unlike some people here , I’m not associated with a political party , I am not delusional with nationalism or exceptionalism and am not indirectly or directly associated with the intelligence community. Not sure which category you belong to but I’m just trying to sift though the bombardment of bullshit that is being fed to us on a daily basis and that does require intelligence.

Edit: washingtonsblog.com/2014/09/ … r-war.html

theweek.co.uk/world-news/605 … in-ukraine

So… good news is not all Russians are asleep. At least there are protests against Putin and his lies.

[quote=“hansioux”]http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/60521/russians-protest-against-putins-involvement-in-ukraine

So… good news is not all Russians are asleep. At least there are protests against Putin and his lies.[/quote]
I am sure our assigned FSB comrade will be along shortly to explain the march away as a tiny group of fascists who need to be rounded up and shot. We’ll see how many of them mysteriously develop polonium poisoning, no doubt as a result of a Ukrainian false-flag operation to try to discredit Esteemed President-for-Life Putin, may he live forever.

I’ve seen a number of smart dissemblers prosper, and a great many sincere fools brought to ruin.

There are far worse sins than hypocrisy.

[quote]According to the Pew Research Center, 52 percent of Russians believe that Ukraine has “become a puppet in the hands of the West and the U.S.A., who are pursuing an anti-Russia policy.” The 48 percent of Russian who apparently disagreed with Vladimir Putin rose up in massive protests, with an estimated 50,000 to 100,000 people marching through downtown Moscow during this past week. Demonstrators for the People’s Freedom Party, Yabloko, and Progress Party were heard chanting, “peace to Ukraine, freedom to Russia” and “no Putin, no war,” and “Russia without Putin.”
Read more at inquisitr.com/1504315/vladim … Ks9cASr.99[/quote]

Incredible. Brave. Amazing.

As our little German friend who used to visit this site with such great regularity used to opine: it is ALL about oil… while he meant Bush

[quote]Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder urged an end to sanctions on Russia, clashing with his successor Angela Merkel over relaxing penalties imposed in the conflict over Ukraine. As Schroeder evoked German-Russian friendship today at a conference co-sponsored by Russian gas exporter OAO Gazprom (GAZP), an official familiar with German policy making warned that the sanctions, aimed at extracting Russian cooperation to end fighting in eastern Ukraine, could be further tightened. Schroeder, a Social Democrat who led Germany from 1998 to 2005 and friend of Russian President Vladimir Putin, symbolizes the forces pulling at Merkel as she seeks to keep German industry and public opinion behind sanctions. While Schroeder is retired from politics, his party is Merkel’s junior coalition partner.

“The mutual sanctions are causing immense damage to both sides,” Schroeder said in a speech in the Baltic port of Rostock, which lies in Germany’s formerly communist east. “Politicians in Russia and Europe must find a way out of the spiral of ever tougher sanctions.”
Schroeder makes no secret of his Russian ties. He chairs the shareholder committee of Nord Stream AG, the Russian-German natural-gas pipeline company that’s 51 percent owned by Gazprom. He celebrated his 70th birthday this year with Putin in St. Petersburg, and he and his wife, Doris, adopted two children from Russia.

“Germany doesn’t need a new Russia policy based on confrontation, as is being demanded by some hawks,” he said. Without criticizing Merkel by name, he said he was proud to understand Russia’s position and urged a return to “detente,” the policy of easing tension in Europe during the Cold War. That contrasts with Merkel’s increasingly tough stance in the crisis that has escalated into an armed rebellion with more than 3,500 dead since Putin annexed Ukraine’s Crimea region in March.

With cease-fire violations being reported daily, the EU is far from considering an easing of the latest sanctions imposed in September, according to the official familiar with Germany’s position, who asked not to be identified because he isn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly. If the separatists took the Donetsk airport or the city of Mariupol in an effort to create a land corridor, the EU might impose additional sanctions, the person said. The outcome is impossible to predict and could go either way, the person said. “I don’t see any change at the moment regarding Russia’s position,” Merkel, a Christian Democrat who grew up in former East Germany, said this week. “Sometimes in history one has to be prepared for the long haul, and not ask after four months if it still makes sense to keep up our demands.”

Schroeder shared the bill with with Vladimir Grinin, Russia’s ambassador to Germany, and Erwin Sellering, a Social Democrat who is premier of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, the region where Merkel has her electoral district. Nord Stream’s German terminal is also located in the state. After the speech at a communist-era hotel, Russian business executives posed for photos with Schroeder, who declined to comment when a reporter asked him what he thought about the annexation of Crimea. Germany gets about a third of its gas from Russia and is Russia’s biggest European trading partner. With 6,000 German companies operating in Russia, bilateral trade was $88 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Sanctions on Russia are “wrong,” Schroeder said. “I want to say that loud and clear.” [/quote]

Well, it’s amazing he has time for anything. Give the man a break, he working on his 4th wife, and even she might be kaput, though I suppose only prude American’s care about that.

The only complaints I hear from Germany now that it is Business Planning season is how the US is ruining business with Russia and…Iran!

I sympathize with German business but we used to receive a lot of highly moralistic lectures from a certain German on this forum. I just wonder where these moral concerns are now? I mean IF these conditions or circumstances were to have happened in the US under George W. Bush, I believe that we would have heard from our little German friend about it with the following terminology used:

1. BREAKING INTERNATIONAL LAW
  2. QUESTIONABLE TIES TO BUSINESS INTERESTS
  3. TAKING MONEY FROM CORRUPT GANGSTERS
  4. THOUSANDS DIE
  5. INTELLECTUAL IDIOT BETRAYS NATIONAL INTERESTS TO FEATHER HIS BED… IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE…

Oh, here are just a few of the statements that one imagines that we might have had to hear… NOT that I am in ANY way condoning their use to describe the leader of another country… if others, however, were to do so… what could I say/do about it? really nothing… I guess… :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I’m not sympathetic at all. I tell them that delivering their numbers will set them free.

Correct me if I’m wrong but your beef doesn’t appear to be that it’s wrong for a politician to sell his soul and sell out his country for personal gain but rather that your politicians aren’t getting the same free pass for selling their souls. If that’s the case than this is little more than a pimp infight which would account for the collective ‘meh!’ it seems to be generating.

The latest news on this sad, sad story:

news.yahoo.com/tank-column-cross … 26097.html

So how is the mighty Pooty-poot doing, after baring his chest and rippling those manly muscles at that wimpy Obama?

Oooops.

[quote]So how is the mighty Pooty-poot doing, after baring his chest and rippling those manly muscles at that wimpy Obama?

Oooops.[/quote]

Don’t be too gleeful. This is going to be a costly mess for all concerned. This has GREAT potential to become a major mess (far greater than it already is) and I don’t see how bankrupting Russia as well as Ukraine and weakening an already anemic Europe is going to be of use to anyone.

We should have taken care of Ukraine and formalized its security and economic relationships by 2004, 2006 at the latest. I will note that I have been calling for this and predicting this since 2003/2004 on this very forum.