Russia Invades Ukraine and No One Cares

Russia is invading Ukraine, Assad still gassing his own people - Western response: next to nothing. So much for so-called “Red Lines”

[url]Let's be clear about this: Russia is invading Ukraine right now - Vox

OTOH…threaten to take over the vast oil fields in northern Iraq and you’re asking to get bombed :bravo:

Brazil complained once that since they owed the worlds banks only a hundred billion or so they have to tighten their belts. But the USA owes trillions (mostly to China) and everything is ok. Nobody is sanctioning the USA.

Uncle Sam is tired of all these wars . And is not capable of fighting on more fronts. We are paying 40pct of our income to taxes already.

There is a plot of land outside the Lafayette Bart station with little crosses signaling how many Americans have died so far in Iraq and its a lot.

What can we do with Russia? We don’t want to fight them. We are applying some sanctions that we can, to little effect.

Want to be a bully, be a BIG bully and nobody f*cks with ya. That’s Putin’s Russia.

1 Like

You can have compassion for the whole human race only up to a point, then compassion fatigue sets in.

After that, you read that bit in Genesis where God decides to drown the human race like rats and think: I know the feeling.

Well, I for one am so impressed with the massive demonstrations and marches taking place all over Europe and North America to protest this flagrant abuse of international law. I especially salute our German friends for their continued OBSESSION with international law. I mean one has only to look at this forum to see the multiple threads started to keep the U.S. in line. I am so glad that our German friends continue to express this obsessive interest in the topic and with their steely resolve to look Russia in the eye and say “you’re wrong!!!” What bravery!!!

Any citizens of Russia here? Anybody here who supports Russia’s violation of Ukrainian sovereignty? Anybody here whose tax dollars are buying petrol for Russian tanks or rounds for their artillery batteries? Anybody here who thinks sanctions in place to punish Russia for infringing in another country’s sovereignty should be lifted?

Didn’t think so. Welcome to choir practice.

OTOH anybody here who thinks Pox Americana should pick on somebody its own size for a change? Sign me up. Light up a few Russkie armored vehicles with Hellfire missiles and get the fun started. I can’t wait.

Have a Russian coworker. I asked him about the Ukraine thing and he said “don’t ask me about that. that is why I don’t live in Russia”. I guess he didn’t have two hours to expand upon his thoughts on the subject.

If he doesn’t like living in a country which invades and occupies other countries anytime it wants to he took a wrong turn somewhere. That may be in part what’s complicating the U.S. response to Russia’s bogus invasion of Ukraine. On the other hand maybe the U.S. doesn’t see it that way at all. it could be like what the Iraqi farmer said to the U.S. soldiers searching his farm when they asked if he’d seen any foreign fighters: “Only you.”

If he doesn’t like living in a country which invades and occupies other countries anytime it wants to he took a wrong turn somewhere. [/quote]

He’s on the wrong planet.

Well, I guess this might go into the military handbooks. Old style: Big invasion, wave your flag, leader of invading country announces to the world press his d*ck would be the biggest and he would plan to invade other countries. Sings the national anthem on CNN and then burps into the camera.

New style is Putin’s way. Send in a few unmarked fighters, snatch a part of the country. Say it wasn’t really you but separatists. Then support rebels in some other part of the country so you can keep the first one in peace. Get everybody bored with the news about the drip-drip invasion and proceed very slooooowly while complaining about the humanitarian situation of the country you are invading and pretending to want peace while letting your soldiers sneak into the country drip by drip. Seems to work!

OH BS. Add this latest rhetoric to the long list of lies and exaggerations from that psychotic regime in Kiev. UN has just stated there is no substantial evidence on a Russian evasion. Porky is getting his ass kicked in the East and now Mariupol is in danger of being retaken. The American installed and backed Nazi regime in kiev want UN intervention . Putin doesn’t have to do anything except sit back and watch Kiev self destruct.

[quote=“bob_honest”]Well, I guess this might go into the military handbooks. Old style: Big invasion, wave your flag, leader of invading country announces to the world press his d*ck would be the biggest and he would plan to invade other countries. Sings the national anthem on CNN and then burps into the camera.

New style is Putin’s way. Send in a few unmarked fighters, snatch a part of the country. Say it wasn’t really you but separatists. Then support rebels in some other part of the country so you can keep the first one in peace. Get everybody bored with the news about the drip-drip invasion and proceed very slooooowly while complaining about the humanitarian situation of the country you are invading and pretending to want peace while letting your soldiers sneak into the country drip by drip. Seems to work![/quote]

No doubt there are covert Russians fighting with the separatists but can you tell me why there are CIA operatives and American private security forces (mercs) fighting in a country thousands of miles away?

reuters.com/article/2014/08/ … 0320140828

Just read news on one hundred dead Russian soldiers in Eastern Ukraine. Their ammunition vehicle was hit by Ukrainian Grad missiles.

So… no substantial evidence?

I care.

Ukrainian women should not be wasted on Russian drunks. open up to the west and immigrate!

Just read news on one hundred dead Russian soldiers in Eastern Ukraine. Their ammunition vehicle was hit by Ukrainian Grad missiles.

So… no substantial evidence?[/quote]

I never said there were no Russians fighting in Ukraine. I am calling BS of the full on invasion by Russia that is being reported. When I see actual proof of Russian Military vehicles operated by actual Russian military then I will believe it.

[quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“bob_honest”]Well, I guess this might go into the military handbooks. Old style: Big invasion, wave your flag, leader of invading country announces to the world press his d*ck would be the biggest and he would plan to invade other countries. Sings the national anthem on CNN and then burps into the camera.

New style is Putin’s way. Send in a few unmarked fighters, snatch a part of the country. Say it wasn’t really you but separatists. Then support rebels in some other part of the country so you can keep the first one in peace. Get everybody bored with the news about the drip-drip invasion and proceed very slooooowly while complaining about the humanitarian situation of the country you are invading and pretending to want peace while letting your soldiers sneak into the country drip by drip. Seems to work![/quote]

No doubt there are covert Russians fighting with the separatists but can you tell me why there are CIA operatives and American private security forces (mercs) fighting in a country thousands of miles away?[/quote]

He, you want a German guy brought up in a left-wingish environment go about and start criticizing US-politics. That is like… hm… asking a nun to blame the devil. Asking a drunk to praise his bottle. Oh please do not make me do that. I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I would be over it. And now this TEMPTATION.

Oh I have to … I have to … like in the good old days.

Yes, it’s all the Americans, it’s all George Bush’s fault.

:blush:

That felt good.

[quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“hansioux”]

So… no substantial evidence?[/quote]

I never said there were no Russians fighting in Ukraine. I am calling BS of the full on invasion by Russia that is being reported. When I see actual proof of Russian Military vehicles operated by actual Russian military then I will believe it.[/quote]

yeah, Russian soldiers were just there fighting Ukrainians on vacation.

Yeah, but you are not the one that I want. I want the other smug, self-righteous, posturing prat to come back and explain why this is not of interest to the perennial marchers… I mean they would do it for Hitler… and to protest the Iraq War… why oh why is it so difficult to get the Germans to march these days? And really? We cannot find ONE German to obsess about international law these days? Not one? Why even Lot could find more than one before God destroyed Soddom and Gomorrah… he just couldn’t find 10! It is not like I am reaching for the sky here…

And since you have been here for a long time, you can also serve as my witness in that I LONG predicted this crisis, starting in 2004. And, what pray tell? has Europe done to prepare for this day? NOTHING. Really, there are times when it becomes VERY hard to find any respect for Europe at all. Ten years… Ten years… TEN YEARS… and NOTHING on Ukraine? No preparation ESPECIALLY after what happened in Georgia? Honestly, some times I think we might as well resolve ourselves now to Europe falling under the boot of a reinvigorated Russia or rotting from within because of the “respect for multiculturalist diversity.”

Since Russia likes to recognize the independence of so many groups or allow for very regional autonomy… Some might say GOOD IDEA!!! Perhaps, some nations may wish to recognize Chechnya? Dagestan? Ingushetia? Kazan? Siberia? Karelia? I mean the list goes on… but where should one consider starting out? Perhaps, the expert, Vladimir Putin can provide guidance?

He’s lost Esquire:

Any citizens of Russia here? Anybody here who supports Russia’s violation of Ukrainian sovereignty? Anybody here whose tax dollars are buying petrol for Russian tanks or rounds for their artillery batteries? Anybody here who thinks sanctions in place to punish Russia for infringing in another country’s sovereignty should be lifted?

Didn’t think so. Welcome to choir practice.

OTOH anybody here who thinks Pox Americana should pick on somebody its own size for a change? Sign me up. Light up a few Russkie armored vehicles with Hellfire missiles and get the fun started. I can’t wait.[/quote]

I’m a citizen and, sadly, my tax roubles are buying petrol for the Russian tanks.
What I think is that the sanctions placed against Russia were only targeting Putin and his cohort, the average citizen remained unaffected. But Putin thought that it would be much better if we were all screwed and placed sanctions that will only affect the common man. We don’t produce any food in our vast country. The government has stopped subsidising agriculture and any research back when the Soviet Union collapsed. All we’ve been doing in the past two decades was making money out of thin air and creating a class system with as big a gap between the rich and everyone else as possible. Putin is persuading everyone that everything is fine and we can feed ourselves. This is absolute nonsense. We even buy seeds from other countries, being unable to produce them ourselves.
Everyone I know who has access to the internet has a sober point of view on what is going on. Like any other egomaniacal superpower, our government feels free to do whatever the hell they want without thinking of the consequences or opinions of their people. Which is fine by Putin because he seized control of every single tv channel and is now feeding obscene lies to everyobody. People only have one source of information - the government, so they are all (apart from the internet savvy youth) brainwashed beyond belief. Just like the Ukrainians for that matter. For instance, I met up with my family on the day of the plain crash in Ukraine. I read about it on English-speaking news resources, and they on Russian ones. They were convinced beyond persuading, that the plain was downed by the Ukrainian government because it looked hell of a lot like Putin’s. This utter nonsense was on the Russian news literally several hours after the crash! Nobody knew whether the plane was even downed at that point, but it was ‘evident’ and ‘obvious’ to the Russian media that it was an assassination attempt. (as if Putin would fly over a military conflict he himself is funding!)
I would like to mention one more thing before wrapping up this confused rant. Both the Ukrainians, under the influence of the US funded new government and the Russians are victims of a non-stop propaganda war.
Go back 500 years, and you will see that Russia is called Kievskaya Rus’, which loosely translates at Kiev Russia. Kiev, now part of Ukraine, is where this country started. Most people I know have close relatives in Ukraine, including me. Most of my extended family is there. Go back 2-5 years, there was no tension between relatives at all. Now we can barely talk to each other. People on both side are brainwashed to believe that everyone in on the other side of the border wants war. NOBODY WANTS WAR! other than the governing elite who are not going to lose their lives, friends, family, safety, sanity, homes, sons in this conflict.
I can’t stress enough how oppressively propagandist the media is, think Nazi Germany style. It’s unbearable to watch.
So I care and we all care, but that won’t make a bit of difference, because we are powerless