Russia Invades Ukraine and No One Cares

Thank you for the insights, mushypea. Fred Smith is our American version of your brainwashed Russian relatives, which is why we have so much fun with him while performing a public service at the same time. Too bad you can’t persuade any of your English-speaking Russian relatives to join the fray here. It would be interesting to find out what makes them tick and see how well their hare brained ideas withstand the rigors of the free marketplace of ideas. Then there’s the whole new level of fun to be had from witnessing the inevitable cockfight between Russian patriots and American patriots. Bring it on!

Gosh Winston… How do you know that I am only brainwashed? Perhaps, I am the one that you hear when you hear those voices in your head… I am the Illuminati. FEAR ME! I wonder why you bother to reply in these fora… I mean you know that the world is “controlled” by a nefarious group of warmongering individuals… at least, we have not rationed or prevented you from getting the aluminum foil to block out our signals but we know where you live and we are watching you… That is the far more likely scenario. I mean what are the chances that any American would sympathize with the Ukrainian people as they aspire to a more transparent, capable, democratic form of governance? I mean, what really is the difference between the Russian government and the American one? anyone? I cannot see a difference so it HAS to be all about the oil… which, er, Ukraine does not have… I mean who really believes that anyone would argue on the basis of principles and firmly held beliefs. Nah! Bah! Hey Winston… I hear that aliens are building secret bases in Ukraine which is why the Russians are invading so that they can control the technology to enable them to travel intergalactically… this was all foretold by inscriptions that are ONLY JUST NOW being translated and revealed to man in the Egyptian pyramids… That is why the world is going to be DESTROYED as foretold, er, by the Mayans, yes, the Mayans in 2012!!! ACT NOW!!!

Gosh Winston…I am the one that you hear when you hear those voices in your head. . . . I mean what are the chances that any American would sympathize with the Ukrainian people as they aspire to a more transparent, capable, democratic form of governance? . . . .[/quote]

I see you’ve carefully avoided the use of the “i” word and instead couched the invasion of Ukraine in more touchy feely democracy terms Smart move. As for me, the only “voice” I hear is that of my conscience which says that no country has the right to invade another country whether it be Iraq or Ukraine, the U.S. or Russia, and when your high moral ground is “do as we say, not as we do” you might as well not even bother.

In conclusion, here’s hoping the voices you and your fellow Neocons have been marching to – you know, the hallucinations of weapons of mass destruction ones – are in remission for the time being and you’re not about to do something stupid like triggering World War III.

Hmmmm… My understanding of your… feelings on this matter is this: You equate the governments of Iraq, the US and Russia. No difference. Nothing to see here. Move on. Thus, a US led invasion of Saddam’s Iraq was wrong; one assumes that Saddam’s invasion of Kuwait was wrong. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is wrong. The US was wrong to fight to restore Kuwait’s independence since it was thus invading a country. The US was wrong to invade Iraq later not only because of its claim that Saddam had wmds but also because Saddam was not living up to the terms of the ceasefire agreement and the US feared another Iraqi invasion of not only Kuwait but also Saudi Arabia. So, in all of these scenarios, World War III could conceivably have been started but the U.S. is just as wrong as Saddam’s Iraq and Putin’s Russia even though we have the non-neoconservative president Barack Obama… Gotcha! Hallucinations? I agree… we all have much to learn from such an obvious expert such as yourself… Do you hear the voices… calling… and, again, since the world is controlled by nefarious powers that want war WAR WAR!!! why do you bother to write? I mean either these powers control everything or they do not… and if they do not, then they are not all-powerful… so, er, what is it that you believe again? Big John? Big John? Can you help Winston out? I think that he needs your special decoder ring…

Winston: Fred Smith is a loon because he is smugly excited at his own ability to spin history to meet his own silly frantic standards as to how to name and define things. He is a philosophy student gone bad.

He likes to moan about how there are no mass protests against Russia’s involvement in the Ukraine. But he forgets that Russians are smart; they probably have 10 Harvard grads working on ways to avoid this happening. But he would rather insinuate that the American left can’t be anti-Russian. He has a picture of Ayn Rand under his pillow. Yip yip!

Glad I could help.

Thank you, Big John.

I wonder where Putinyahoo got the idea that he could just invade and occupy his neighbors under the banner of Eretz Russia and the world would just stand by passively and watch?

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“hansioux”]

reuters.com/article/2014/08/ … 0320140828

Just read news on one hundred dead Russian soldiers in Eastern Ukraine. Their ammunition vehicle was hit by Ukrainian Grad missiles.

So… no substantial evidence?[/quote]

I never said there were no Russians fighting in Ukraine. I am calling BS of the full on invasion by Russia that is being reported. When I see actual proof of Russian Military vehicles operated by actual Russian military then I will believe it.[/quote]

yeah, Russian soldiers were just there fighting Ukrainians on vacation.[/quote]

youtube.com/watch?v=1BTdSS_ … B83FbvHP7Q

youtube.com/watch?v=tQ-aweuXZEo

Putin is suggesting that Eastern Ukraine become a separate state. Starting to act like Hitler isn’t he?

But i wonder why there is so much bad blood between the Russians and the Ukrainians. We knew them as one country in the USSR.

All Russian business should be sanctioned, we’ll see how popular Putin will be within the year.

Sanctions against the German people after WW1 led to Hitler’s Nazi Party winning elections and that led to WW2.

True, so maybe not all business. :ponder: . But pressure has to be increased significantly.

Tough call. SAnctions hurt the Russian people. Not so sure it will result in the fall of their govt. It does NOT usually.

No sanctions and then seen as enabling terror ?

Tough job being the US President. No wonder he likes to try out different suits now on tv. Because he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

it’s not only about the US sanctions. wealthy Russians are hugely invested in the EU, their life will start to become very inconvenient. Their businesses will be hard to operate without credit lines etc. Putin will get the support for his bread and circuses from the masses of course. if Russia wants to behave like this, there need to be serious consequences that they can all feel.

Putinyahoo’s attitude is that actions speak louder than words and the West is only going thru the motions of opposing his “settlement” of “Novorossiya” – Crimea and eastern Ukraine.

[quote]Putin appears to sympathize with Israel more than with Palestine. One of the reasons is that Israel’s power elites share Putin’s ideological values.

“I support the struggle of Israel as it attempts to protect its citizens,” Putin said last week at a meeting with a delegation of rabbis and leaders of civil society groups from fifteen countries, Israel National News reported.[/quote]

[quote]JERUSALEM — The Israeli government announced Sunday that it would appropriate almost 1,000 acres of land in the West Bank that could be used to build homes for Jewish settlers.

The Israeli group Peace Now, which opposes expansion of Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, called it the largest land appropriation in 30 years.[/quote]

I’m still trying to find proof of a Russian invasion other than a few grainy sat pics. Oh well, I’m sure there will be another one soon and there will be indisputable proof this time…fer sure this time.

Ukraine is exchanging 10 Russian paratroopers captured in eastern Ukraine for 63 Ukrainian AOW.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … oscow.html

Guess they are also in eastern Ukrine for vacation with their gear.

Ukraine is exchanging 10 Russian paratroopers captured in eastern Ukraine for 63 Ukrainian AOW.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … oscow.html

Guess they are also in eastern Ukrine for vacation with their gear.[/quote]

Russia invaded Ukraine with 10 paratroopers? Gawd, them Ruskies have got balls of steel,huh ?

[quote=“agentsmith”]
Russia invaded Ukraine with 10 paratroopers? Gawd, them Ruskies have got balls of steel,huh ?[/quote]

they caught 10 = there were only 10 Russian soldiers in Ukraine?

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“agentsmith”]
Russia invaded Ukraine with 10 paratroopers? Gawd, them Ruskies have got balls of steel,huh ?[/quote]

they caught 10 means = there were only 10 Russians in Ukraine?[/quote]

Of course not. Surely if Russia sent a sizable force into Ukraine it would not be that difficult to prove it. Russia says they accidentally wondered over the border, the west says they were caught 30 miles in.

USA has CIA and mercs in Ukraine and there are even reports Muslim extremists being imported. I guess in is ok for the west to meddle in Russia’s backyard and surround Russia with the US\NATO missile defense system but not ok to defend itself from obvious outside aggression? The geopolitics is obviously more involved than this but yer not going to get it from the Washington Post or Fox news.

In a nutshell , Putin has thrown a monkey wrench into the Globalists expansion plans ,is fucking with the petro dollar and has to be dealt with.

[quote=“agentsmith”]

Of course not. Surely if Russia sent a sizable force into Ukraine it would not be that difficult to prove it. Russia says they accidentally wondered over the border, the west says they were caught 30 miles in.

USA has CIA and mercs in Ukraine and there are even reports Muslim extremists being imported. I guess in is ok for the west to meddle in the Ukraine and surround Russia with the US\NATO missile defense system but not ok to defend itself from obvious outside aggression? The geopolitics is obviously more involved than this but yer not going to get it from the Washington Post or Fox news.

In a nutshell , Putin has thrown a monkey wrench into the Globalists expansion plans and has to be dealt with.[/quote]

Russia’s already invaded Ukraine by annexing Crimea. It is now seeking to turn eastern Ukraine into a land bridge so they can have access to Crimea by land with another invasion into eastern Ukraine.

I see very little evidence for CIA and mercs in Ukraine. I am sure there are CIA agents on the ground, it’s a hot spot and that’s what spies are for. I am not so sure about your claim for mercs. At the same time, Russia has its own spies in Ukraine, and they could have sticked to having mercs of their own operating in Ukraine, but Russia sent troops anyway.