Ruten tips?

According to @OrangeOrganics I’m old and I’m too old for that.

I noticed on Ruten there is an EBAY link at the top of the page now.

I tried Shopee a few months ago and found there were fewer choices for what I wanted compared to Ruten or even yahoo. I just checked again - same outcome.
I have bought 2nd hand as well as new.
I have found products on yahoo that aren’t on ruten and vice versa.
I did notice all three sites have sellers selling fake sneakers/trainers though, which is why I bought mine from a Japan.

Re: ebay links… I think this might be the death knell for ruten. Now when I do a search it is spammed with ebay matches, many which are not very relevant. If I choose second hand bicycle parts I get loads of brand new crap from usa ebay. Jerseys and shorts and stuff- not “parts”.
Ruten already had a spam problem with domestic or China based sellers and now it is made worse.

I agree that ruten generally has more selection than shopee but I can barely stand to go on there now. Long ago I bookmarked my favorite sellers, so that helps, but otherwise that site is toast as far as I am concerned. Which sucks because compared to shopee they really do have more stuff and with finer categorization.

You’re right. Whose dumb idea was that?

Whoever it was they should be replaced for not focusing on the real, preexisting issues.

I think ebay has been a partner for some time and maybe there was pressure from that end.

It will be interesting seeing how many customers actually buy from ebay.
Why would anyone want to pay more for postage and if it costs over 2000NT get stung when it comes through customs?

Ruten is their has been their JV with PCHome since it’s start. I remember there being an eBay Taiwan, but that was gone and Ruten replaced it. That was when Taiwan was the last bastion of Yahoo and Yahoo Auctions dominated.

There was an eBay Taiwan and they got shut down and we were told to go to ruten. On the site it says “an eBay and pchome JV”

Ruten is a joint venture of ebay and PCHome, so yes, they’ve been partners for a while… like since the beginning.

I totally agree re the local spammers. It’s a fucking horrible experience to browse a section or even to do a keyword search and have to skip pages and pages of pure garbage, even the same item repeated over and over. I haven’t seen any spam from ebay though, although I’ve seen some link or banner from ebay.

Coming back to ask a question about Ruten. I have mostly given up on it because of the horrible ebay spam, but I found something I want recently. The seller is in Yilan and they say they don’t ship with 7-11. The options they give are:
付款方式: * 銀行或郵局轉帳
運送方式: * 郵寄寄送 70 元

• 面交取貨

To buy this, what’s my best bet. Can I go to the post office and pay? Is the sending via bank hard?

The reason they don’t offer 7-11 is probably because the item can’t be shipped through 7-11 (because it exceeds the size or weight requirement).

The way to do this is to ATM transfer the money to the seller, then the seller ships the item to you.

You can make a transfer at an ATM and it goes to the seller via PCHomePay, so if they never ship it you can get refunded.