Safety of scooter trip to Yilan

'dac, that’s prolly due to lower espresso quality in Yilan rather than your legs.

Sundays early in the morning between 6:30am and 10am I do not recommend anyone taking this road. It is incredibly dangerous with all of the sport cars racing from Taipei and back.

I’ve driven it before during the daytime, but at night I felt safer going around the coastal route back to Taipei out of caution that some asshole without their lights on would come flying around a corner and kill me.

Rte 9 is much more enjoyable on the weekdays. If you must go on Sat. or Sun., leave Rte 9 at Pinglin (after topping off your tank) and head NE toward Pingsi or Shuangsi… lots of small twisty roads that the BeiYi squids ignore.

number 2 is awesome as well and there is a light house half way and fulong to stop as well as toucheng with very nice surfing beaches. Just watch out for the big trucks!

Number 9 to Ilan is famous for pea soup fog too, especially at night when its worse .

Sundays early in the morning between 6:30am and 10am I do not recommend anyone taking this road. It is incredibly dangerous with all of the sport cars racing from Taipei and back.[/quote]

Something like this?