Salad spinner

Our old one came from Canada back when there was no such thing to be found here, and is starting to give out.
I wondered if such a deal might have come into vogue recently, as these things do.
Anybody seen one around?

The plastic ones? I bought mine if I recall correctly in one of these DIY baking/cooking/kitchen appliance stores. Carrefour or Ikea should have them I believe … did you check out wellcome yet, they have a line of kitchen utensils?

Hola, in the Neihu used to have them.

[quote=“the chief”]Our old one came from Canada back when there was no such thing to be found here, and is starting to give out.
I wondered if such a deal might have come into vogue recently, as these things do.
Anybody seen one around?[/quote]

How do the chefs do it? I just fling lumps of salad in the direction of the sink then at the last second they do a turn and go on the plates less some water.

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“the chief”]Our old one came from Canada back when there was no such thing to be found here, and is starting to give out.
Anybody seen one around?[/quote]

How do the chefs do it? I just fling lumps of salad in the direction of the sink then at the last second they do a turn and go on the plates less some water.[/quote]

Yeah, but Mrs. the chief likes to send me off to work of a morning with a bigass salad in a Tupperware-type deal, so she really needs to get as much water out as possible…also, it’s good for draining grated potatoes for latkes etc. and cucumber for tzatziki…much easier than trying to duress it out by hand…