I am currently discussing contract details for my future employment as salesperson at a medium-size Taiwanese company. However, I am not only new in the field of sales, but also new in Taiwan. Therefore, I am not really sure what to go for. Can anyone help me out?
I have basically the following questions:
- How high should the salary be?
- Should overtime be compensated for (weekdays/weekends)?
- How much should I get paid for business trips outside of Taiwan (weekdays/weekends)?
- How many holidays (apart of national holidays) can I ask for?
- How many months are usually paid a year? I heard many firms pay an extra 2 months for Chinese new year.
- Should the company pay for my insurance (labor insurance/National Health Insurance)?
- Is there anything else I should mention in my contract? Am I forgetting any important aspect?
Here a short description of the work in offer:
- Taiwanese medium-size company
- From Monday to Friday (8.30 - 17.30; one hour lunch brake): 40 hours/week
- Overtime is expected; there might be meetings etc. on weekends; I might have to go on business trips outside of Taiwan once a while
- I will be the first and only foreigner working there
- Working languages: mostly Chinese and English
- One year contract that can later be extended
Additionally a short description of my qualifications:
- Master of Arts from European University: Chinese Studies
- Languages: English (fluent), German (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Chinese (advanced), French (basic)
- A lot of foreign experience (lived in Beijing for two years)
- Have some working experience, but not in sales
Please let me know if there are any important information missing in order to get a good picture. What do you guys think? I would be really happy to get some suggestions.