Sales account manager salary

Hi Guys,

So I have got an invitation for an interview for a sales account manager position. What is the salary I can expect them to offer me? What should be the safe answer if they ask me how much I would like to earn? Anyone is doing this kind of job or has any experience from interviews answering this question? I don’t want to scare them saying to much, but I also don’t want to waste a chance off getting more money saying to less.

It’s not the smallest company (±130 workers) and there are few foreigners probably working there. The important thing is that I meet the requirements about speaking one of European languages that is a must applying for this position.

Thanks for any suggestions!

50k to 60k is the norm, unless you have tons of experience already. You’ll get bonus quarterly on top of that, but probably after 3 quarters the first time, some companies give out bonus only after completing the first year. What company is it?

It also depends of the company practices and real scope of coverage.
I believe in my company (European too), the Sales Account Manager, with 3 ppl reporting to him should be around 90k TWD + 30% Bonus. But he as 10+ experience.

Junior ppl with good skill should be around 45k.

well you mean Sales Manager dudumomo right? They earn more, but he applied for account manager. Every sales person is an account manager in this country. Taiwanese earn 22k, sometimes more plus nice boni at the end of the quarter. This can lead to up to 100k a month in the right company. Foreign account manager get something between 50k for no experience and 60k for some experience.

Can you tell me what companies you work in please

I really mean Sales Account Manager, The manager of channel/distribution partners.

Depends on the company and your experience level, starting out with no experience maybe 60k/mth + bonus. More with experience and skills.

So based on Your experience guys, would it be safe to answer 60k when they ask me about how much I would like to earn? I don’t want to make a mistake and scare them off…

How to deal with this question anyway? seems to be one of the hardest one on an interview?

If it were me, I’d just tell them I was basing my expectations on this: michaelpage.com.tw/websitepd … _FINAL.pdf

And then perhaps say that since I was new to the market and wanted to gain some local experience, I had some flexibility.

The sales tables in there suggest that 60-70k would be about right, assuming it’s on a 14-month basis (but I guess, as others have said above, that it may be structured differently for sales).

[quote=“MrLoo”]So based on Your experience guys, would it be safe to answer 60k when they ask me about how much I would like to earn? I don’t want to make a mistake and scare them off…

How to deal with this question anyway? seems to be one of the hardest one on an interview?[/quote]

Any medium sized company can easily pay 60k /mth for an international sales manager . If they can’t you will never get paid much in that company.