Same-sex friends and relationships

Uh maybe because it happens? REgularly??
Have caught at least two GFs being used as a horsie, plus one ex wife.

FAct is guys cant be friends with a gal, just friends , unless she is not attractive to him at all and/or hes still working on nailing her. Lady friends are just girls you havent banged yet, is what most of us dudes say. :smiley:

my friendships have been based on a connection like work or my fun activities.Unfortunately,there are very few women in my occupation.And I have yet to meet a women who’s into my extreme sport.But I know there out there!
Thus,I havnt had any close friendships with the opposite sex.
For me my friends have to have common intrests and views.And lets face it,often this is not the case between women and men.

Funny that I came upon this thread as recently as several days ago, my fiancee brought up an email that she recently received from some dude she met before I met her while she was touring Canada - it was the tour bus driver… he made an aggressive pass at her - they exchanged phone numbers, etc, etc.

From what she told me, they went for dinner a couple of times - that time in Canada and once when he came to Taiwan. In any case, she sent me what he wrote via email per verbatim:

Dear {name of my fiancee}, Your voice still so attractive over around my brain, seriously! Here just forward some of my travel videos for viewing. Stay well

She asked me what he could possibly mean by this… Well, my first thought was - he’s still trying to get into her pants as he was unsuccessful more than 8 yrs ago. I didn’t tell her in those words exactly, but something similar - ie. he still has the hots for you…

I wasn’t jealous at this point - more amused and sort of had this “me tarzan, you jane and he can’t have you - haha” kind of attitude. Anyway, what pissed me off was the fact that she was going to naively email back and tell him that she was getting married and where she’ll be ending up (in TN) and may possibly move back to Vancouver - where she met him and where I was originally from, blah blah… Too much info me thinks. So I told her so.

This got me thinking - what the? Does she want to start a relationship with someone she sort of dated - if you can call it that as he did make several long distance phone calls to her back then and lost touch… I didn’t say those words exactly, but I simply said that she need not divulge so much since he was just an acquaintance who just recently wanted to get back in touch. I asked her if he’s married, she says back then that the dude mentioned he was getting married on one of his trips back to Taiwan (not to specifically see my fiancee but as an aside - so my fiancee thinks).

She also mentioned that he helped her out when she wanted to go to Houston to study English for a year by introducing her to Church friends he knew in Houston, blah blah. She thought that even though he has romantic notions, she should remain friends with him as you never know if we need his help in the future, blah blah.

In any case, I asked my fiancee to ask him if he is married now (not in those words but in a round-about such as "oh, so how are you? How’s the wife sort of thing) and my fiancee blew up at me. I was going? What the? She says she wasn’t going to be rude and ask personal questions like that, blah blah…

My thinking was if the dude is still married, then, I don’t think I will like him very much; but if he’s not married, then I guess it’s cool… normal guy behaviour as he doesn’t know that my fiancee was getting married as he simply trying to rekindle something with a hottie. My fiancee has this strong personality and I trust her completely. I know where I stand in her life so I know she would handle anything of that sort properly.

Anyway, she got mad at me for saying that I don’t think I want to be friends with him if he’s married. She was saying that I wasn’t ‘generous’ enough - by this I think she meant ‘open’ and be less judgmental.

I am of simple mind… I hate dramas. So tend to avoid people who might create dramas so in our back-and-forth conversations, I told her to not bother introducing me to him.

Anyway, she didn’t speak to me for a couple of days… later when we were on speaking terms, she says that she feels like I’m trying to control her and that she shouldn’t be introducing her other guy friends to me then… blah blah. I told her just because I didn’t like this one, doesn’t mean I don’t want to know her other friends - be it guy or girl. So then I thought to myself - wait… are you saying that all your guy friends are married? But then we left it at that… she was still not as freely volunteering info at the moment as I suppose she’s still mad at me in some ways.

So how would you guys analyze this? Am I the jealous unreasonable type? Did I react improperly like my fiancee seem to think I did?

Just as a fyi, I, myself do have female friends and I freely admit, at some point during my friendship with each and every one of my female friends, I did fantasize about making love to them or some erotic fantasy of some way… however, here’s the big difference - I never acted on them!

women !! they are like that.

Exactly.

Hmmm…My feeling is that at the end of the day, it is nearly impossible.

Even if the two involved are mature enough to avoid any hidden or repressed feelings and enjoy a platonic relationship, inevitably the SO of one of the two is lacking that maturity.

[quote]1. I have had sex with many of my friends,
2. but that is the past surely.
3. Why would a guy think that you would have sex with someone else when you are in a serious relationship with him?
4.If I still wanted to have sex with other guys I wouldn’t be in a relationship.[/quote]

1. Past behavior is indicative of future behavior.
  2. Define how LONG ago in the ‘past’…and apparently not a one off thing for you.
    3.You were in ‘friendships’ shagging…and there is a difference that you want your main man to appreciate now? While retaining those previous “friendly screws” in your present “relationship?”
  3. Perhaps there is something about sport sex/ shag as you will/ behavior that creeps out your current boy friend ?

What’s more important to you? Sport sex or a committed relationship?

The current ‘think’, women have the RIGHT to get their physical “needs” met when they want…is lovely and FOS…whether most care to admit it or not…she is generally branded a 'ho.

Just say’in…

Whether or not you care for that particular label is irrelevant. Your BF is very much aware of it. He seems willing to ‘accept’ your ‘past’…but doesn’t want it to play out in His future with you. As such, he is asking you very nicely to respect HIS boundaries. He doesn’t want his #1 girl in contact with her previous boinking partners…

Perhaps the ‘reason’ you have more ‘male’ friends than female, is the fact that you boink them every once in a while. Not all women are comfortable being around another female that they view as nothing more than a life support system for a vagina.

[quote]1. So how would you guys analyze this?
2. Am I the jealous unreasonable type?
3.Did I react improperly like my fiancee seem to think I did?[/quote]

1. Agrees with you. I am female…
  2. No…pretty reasonable…She is unreasonable for not wanting to ask perfectly innocent questions of this ‘friend’…IYKWIM…
  3. You reacted fairly. Let her know…she has a choice. Her ‘friend’ or YOU.
    You are not married. You are still FREE to up and leave without any hassles. If she cannot understand the difference…her loss.
  • Do NOT get her pregnant !!!*

IF she feels that these ‘friends’ trump your relationship…Sayonara.

Male/ Female dynamics…always a pain in the ass. If you are not a two ton hippo, more than likely the other side of the friendship will most gladly bang you at the drop of a hat.

• whooppee thrill* if she needs that kind of “validation/ attention/ need to feel desirable” there may be other issues at play.

No thanks. My husband is enough MALE for me. Don’t have the slightest inclination to spend any time of any nature with any other. For WHAT? “Friendship” which he clearly doesn’t feel comfortable with? What is more important in the grand scheme of things?

I have about 50/50 male and female friends. However, it’s only my gay male friends that ever offer me a mercy shag.

Which reminds me of this from another thread.

Of course, I feel that if I’m single I can have as much sex as I want to. Why not?
But that doesn’t mean that I’m ever going to have sex with another guy while in a relationship. I haven’t ever cheated on a guy in my life (as in having sex or making out with another guy when my boyfriend or husband is not present), so why would I start now?
But actually most of the issues in this topic has been sorted out for me. I guess I just can not understand jealousy, and I never will.

[color=#008040]Lockin’ this thread for a bit so it can hopefully cool off.

Lupillus[/color]