Same-sex friends and relationships

So… you are saying you need new friends. Got it; right on it.

:smiley:

I had a dream last night, involving BroonAle, fred smith and a large Tupperware container of low grade caviar. I woke up in a cold sweat, screaming ‘Where can I buy sour cream?’

(anyone have the number of a good therapist? I’m having my own personal ‘war on terror’, here…)

Wrong thread! I’m dazed and confused.

Which should have too much of a Freudian analysis applied to it.

:: Sits down on a large chair ::

:: Gets Buttercup to lay down on a large, leather sofa ::

:: Picks up a pen and paper pad ::

In between the 2 men, the Tupperware, the low grade caviar and the cold sweat and screaming… what happened?

[quote=“Hrodric”]:: Sits down on a large chair ::

In between the 2 men, the Tupperware, the low grade caviar and the cold sweat and screaming… what happened?[/quote]

You know that you’re paying me for this session, right?

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Hrodric”]:: Sits down on a large chair ::

In between the 2 men, the Tupperware, the low grade caviar and the cold sweat and screaming… what happened?[/quote]

You know that you’re paying me for this session, right?[/quote]oh! it’s one of those stories, is it? :popcorn:

[quote=“Buttercup”] My friends tend not to be dullards who use every human interaction as a chance to fuck someone.

[/quote]

I use every human interaction as a chance to observe and analyze someone. Perhaps that’s why I don’t get the chance to fuck someone as much as I should.

So, is jealousy always a bad sign? What if he’s mostly jealous of guys you have had sex with?
I keep getting the…yes, you and your guy friend might just be friends, but if you were together one night, and you said to the guy “Let’s get it on and all that.” there’s no way he wouldn’t go for it…argument from people.
Sure. I’ve had sex with friends before, but that doesn’t mean I am going to do it once I have a boyfriend.
Unfortunately, I do have a kind of flirty personality, so I guess I make guys feel insecure.

[quote=“twonavels”]So, is jealousy always a bad sign? What if he’s mostly jealous of guys you have had sex with?
I keep getting the…yes, you and your guy friend might just be friends, but if you were together one night, and you said to the guy “Let’s get it on and all that.” there’s no way he wouldn’t go for it…argument from people.
Sure. I’ve had sex with friends before, but that doesn’t mean I am going to do it once I have a boyfriend.
Unfortunately, I do have a kind of flirty personality, so I guess I make guys feel insecure.quote]
Jealousy is healthy. Not being jealous at all would be cause for concern as well, no?

His jealousy plus your flirty personality makes him feel insecure. So…he just needs to be reassured of your friendships, it seems. Introduce him to your male friends so he can see you really are just friends.

That’s really great advice. It sounds like something you’d read on a bar napkin.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
That’s really great advice. It sounds like something you’d read on a bar napkin.[/quote]

You’d write that on a bar napkin? Weirdo. So that’s why I woke up with ‘jealousy’, mirror-written on my forehead the other day. Hath perplexeth me for days.

Sigh. I just rewatched When Harry Met Sally. What a classic.

Should I watch it again? Will it solve all my problems, future, present and past?

Look, anyone who can’t handle a platonic relationship with an attractive member of the opposite sex has maturity issues. Period.

I just saw bits of “Pretty Woman” on TV last night, and there’s one scene where Julia R. talks to a guy with a horse. Then later, Richard G. makes her angry, and they argue. He then says…I saw you talking to guy with horse. I didn’t like it.
And it seems like that’s supposed to show her that he likes it. So, I guess I’m just wrong, and jealousy is supposed to be a perfectly desirable and even sought-after part of any loving relationship.

Mabey he is just insecure about the relationship.He dosen’t know where he stand with the pretty women.I’m not shure how related insecurity and jelousy are? I think a jelouse person is an insecure person.
But when a relationship is evolving at the start.I think,for me anyhow, you can be insecure and not jelouse.

As for the original thread,I’m not much of a “friends” person. Don’t get me wrong,I have friends.But with work,family and the activities in my life.I simply don’t have the time to have a great network of close friends.
Most of the friendships that I do have are with a few of the guys I grew up with,some people I’ve worked with or met doing the things I like to do.
And if your guy wants you to drop any male friends that you have.He is defiately insecure and jelouse!

To me, jealousy is petty and immature most of the time. Respect and trust are what I desire and value.

I’ve usually had more male friends, too. I now have more female friends, but my best friend has always told me that I think more like a guy than any woman she’s ever known. I believe I always had more male friends, BTW, because I was quite attractive when I was younger and a lot of women were jealous and/or threatened. Ironically, I almost never had a boyfriend. Now all my female friends are the ones I’ve had all along. I don’t really have any IRL male friends and I still don’t have a boyfriend!

If you have had sex with friends before, it makes sense that your boyfriend would be worried about you having lots of male friends. ‘Being worried’ is not to be mistaken for ‘thinks you will have sex with them’, but there is a risk in his eyes. Sure, you might say you’d never have sex with your friends, and it could be true at the moment of saying it. But then feelings change and friendships develop so who is to tell what you’ll feel like in a few months time?

I have had sex with many of my friends, but that is the past surely. Why would a guy think that you would have sex with someone else when you are in a serious relationship with him? If I still wanted to have sex with other guys I wouldn’t be in a relationship.