Same Sex Marriage

Gay = awesome

Weed = gross

1 Like

How do you explain that? Preferably with intelligent ( or at least educated) logic. What if one were to say:

Weed = awesome

Gay = gross

Expect the same level headed response and mature conversation?

Please do explain.

Note. It’s OK if you yourself doesn’t like something. But it’s easier to just be honest about that.

Thailand is a nation of kings and lack of logic. Massive human rights issues based on just those 2 points. It is quite the worry for those that aren’t oppressive.

1 Like

Just great- another reason for westerners to confuse Taiwan and Thailand- “You know, that Asian country where gay marriage is legal.”

1 Like

For the druggies the key difference is pure and clean meth whilst weed is demonized with an especially high level of ignorance. Yet we still don’t murder people for drugs here. Silver lining :thinking:

Singapore seems perfectly fine with murdering people over drugs. They say don’t come to Singapore if you like drugs. They’re also perfectly fine with the few mistakes that often happen.

Yup, there are certainly some shit hole countries that exist. At least Thailand is opening up about being gay, and drugs. Hopefully the change of heart doesn’t also mean retarded conservative styled oppression towards gays and other groups as well as the weed thing. They have been improving so much lately. Just figure out proper regulation, not torture and harsh punishments just cause the gov can’t figure out simple tasks.

1 Like

Thailand is never going to be heavily homophobic because the kathoey or third sex culture is so widespread there. It’s an accepted part of Thai society and always has been.

Me I’m just praying they don’t dedecriminalize cannabis.

1 Like

Sure. It’s about laws though, not society.

I agree, making criminals for such a thing is the definition of oppression.