Sample case

If I saw a man smoking a cigarette in a bus under the sign “No smoking.”
I gave him a punch in the nose and broke his nose.
He files a law suit against me.

Does he have a case?

Appendix:
let the case be:
In Taiwan
In US
In South East Asia
In Europe

regards

ax

What the hell are you smoking?

It depends. Did the sign say “No Smoking” or “No Smork”?

I don’t know about SEA, but I thinkhe has a case in the other jurisdictions.

If it were me, I wouldn’t sue you.

In the States, I’d put 2 rounds of .45ACP in your chest followed by 1 between the eyes.
In Taiwan, I’d get some friends to “teach you a lesson” with tire irons and fruit knives.
In SEA, I’d have the Malays/Indonesians burn your house down, chop your body into small pieces and BBQ you in the street.
In Europe, I’d hire some British “football fans” to use your head for a football.

But, not to worry! I’m sure most people are much more forgiving than I. :wink:

[quote=“antonxie”]If I saw a man smoking a cigarette in a bus under the sign “No smoking.”
I gave him a punch in the nose and broke his nose.[/quote] You are a violent thug. In any civilised country, you go to jail.

Whatever, if that’s his way of expressing dissatisfaction with people not caring about the rules, then ok with me.

I am under the impression that Taiwanese in general respect no smoking zones.

In Indonesia where I come from:)
If you pay dirty eyes or reprimand a person smoking in a bus, his come back would be, “Hey…This is public place, if you don’t like me smoking… get your ass off the damn bus.” His voice will be louder than you and he probably stick his knife on you first before you could give him a punch in nose…

regards,
ax

[quote=“antonxie”]In Indonesia where I come from:)
If you pay dirty eyes or reprimand a person smoking in a bus, his come back would be, “Hey…This is public place, if you don’t like me smoking… get your ass off the damn bus.” His voice will be louder than you and he probably stick his knife on you first before you could give him a punch in nose…
[/quote]

I like his style.

:wink:
stellaawards.com/

If the guy doesn’t know he’s doing something wrong - and many smokers still seem oblivious to the discomfort and harm they inflict on others - then he has a right to be upset when a stranger walks up to him and punches him for no good reason.

The correct way to deal with someone like this is to pluck the cigarette from his mouth and stub it out on his eyeballs. Then he’ll get the message.