Samsung S7 getting hot

Just picked up my S7 - nice enough phone. Had the S3, S4, S5, Note 2 and J7 before.

So this would be the flagship phone in the Samsung range. Does everything I need/want.

But seems to get hot from time to tome. Definitely gets hot when charging (via cable or wireless pad).

Care to share why it might be doing so… I recall my S3 or 4 also go pretty hot.

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]Just picked up my S7 - nice enough phone. Had the S3, S4, S5, Note 2 and J7 before.

So this would be the flagship phone in the Samsung range. Does everything I need/want.

But seems to get hot from time to tome. Definitely gets hot when charging (via cable or wireless pad).

Care to share why it might be doing so… I recall my S3 or 4 also go pretty hot.[/quote]

A few things come to mind. First off, if phone is getting hot, mostly that won’t damage things except the battery. Which is not really good. a frequently hot battery will probably have to be replaced every year.

I searched and found what looks like useful info:

digitaltrends.com/mobile/gal … roblems/3/

And this:

forums.androidcentral.com/samsun … ating.html

Hope it’s of some help.

cheers,
DB

If you have a number of apps running on it, close them down.

My S6 will get hot when fast charging, normal charging is fine. Additionally if you have a jacket or case it will cause it to run hotter, particularly when charging.

Thanks.

I think I’ve figured out a couple of issues - bluetooth needs to stay off, keep it out the case when charging, be careful at work - dodgy extension cables there, turn off fast charging.

I only notice my HTC getting smoking hot while using GPS navigation in the car so bluetooth might be causing the same problems.

If you don’t really need it, disable “Fast charging” (fill up the battery twice faster), some says it shorten the battery life expectancy, and definitly makes it hotter when charging.

Have done so, doesn’t seem to really charge faster anyway.