Sandwich favorite breakfast food in Taipei

I wanna hang out with you! Lol

There have been 3 or 4 open up out here over the last couple years (lots of foreign workers out here), but they never stay open for more than a couple months. I would wager keeping the bread stocked and yet fresh would be challenging.
Oh yeah, I think there’s one by my kid’s school
Shi Ta, that would be

i go to a vendor to get my fix. close enough to what i had in vietnam.

You’re lucky then. There was one I went to in KH near my workplace that was ass.

Sorry, what did you say?

1 Like

It wasn’t bad, so I had one more for dessert.

2 Likes

The lady in Gongguan night market does a pretty decent one .

That doesn’t quite have the same ring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Especially 5 hours later. I guess beer for breakfast can make for a short day.

I hate those breakfast sandwiches. Disgusting. It’s one thing if it’s tasty and unhealthy, but they’re not even tasty.

Holy sh*t it looks like there might actually be some consensus on this issue.

We should start a master thread of some kind listing the amazing issues on which almost all forumosans agree…

Guy

I can’t decide if I agree with that suggestion or not. I could change my mind.

1 Like

Egg, “ham”, pork floss, mystery meat and mayo all in one for just 40ntd? I like it

mayo

white grease

Nasty stuff

nobody here from taichung? the infamous rou dan tu si肉蛋土司 is one of the best breakfast (sandwich) i ever had. it’s only in taichung but i’m sure there are a lot of copycat shops around. i know of at least one in kaohsiung which does a decent job.

This is the first I’m hearing about dan bing and it sounds amazing (just moved to Taipei a few months ago). Do they just sell them in stands at breakfast time like the sandwiches? Anyone happen to know of a good place to get one along the red line between Beitou and Zhishan?

Yes, they’re all over. They have like a wide flat cooking surface set up. The sandwich shops probably have them even. I can’t believe there’s not one near whatever train station you get on at, but there’s a popular stand near Shipai Station Exit 1, on Shipai maybe the second stall across the street towards the night market.

If you don’t mind walking, this place is good, they have a nice thick bing they make by hand.

1 Like

taiwan has two types of brekfast shops, the american style (selling brekfast burgers ect) and the dou jiang style (selling you tiao and more traditional stuff)

all of the american style ones will have dan bing without fail.

1 Like

Danbing are awesome and easy to enjoy. The truly good ones require no added sauce whatsoever. The crepe-like shell, with the flavours of egg, green onion, and some salt—I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! :slight_smile:

Guy

1 Like