Sarah Silverman

Friend of mine just sent me a link to the Sarah Silverman “I Love You” video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1sOxX_dYc&search=sarah%20silverman

There are bits of her standup floating around the internet, but I have a feeling the forthcoming DVD of her movie “Jesus is Magic” won’t be hitting the Taiwan Blockbuster shelves anytime soon. For that matter, anyone seen “The Aristocrats” - and Silverman’s bit in it?

Oh and here’s a New Yorker snippet about her…
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/051024fa_fact

Very funny, definitely pushing the envelope between comedy and tragedy in a new way. Possibly insane.

I like her very much.

Maybe the more fun we poke at racism the dumber it will look. Is this the CRASH mentality in the states now?

[quote=“smell the glove”]For that matter, anyone seen “The Aristocrats” - and Silverman’s bit in it? [/quote]Yeah. It was funny - not outstanding, but funny. (Her part, I mean.)

Hot Jewish girl + talking absolute filth = :lovestruck:

Forgot to mention the director of her videos & film is Liam Lynch, that prodigy student of Paul McCartney

Sarah Silverman makes me feel really weird.

I think i love her.

I couldn’t care less about the Jewish part, or the talking filth part, but you’re right, she’s definitely a hottie.

I agree, hottie. :sunglasses:

She really reminds me of one of my exes. Her voice and good looks. I wrote my old friend today and told her I was thinking about her. I find her humor fairly tame but ok. Life is strange.

life is strange

do i have to be american to see some humour in this ??

didn’t get the guy with the two black dudes at all.

oh well, maybe too early in the day

[quote=“ac”]do I have to be American to see some humour in this ??

didn’t get the guy with the two black dudes at all.

oh well, maybe too early in the day[/quote]

Given America’s problems with confronting racism and then with Political Correctness, added with this woman’s look and musical sound and ironic lyrics, it’s funny in a selfabusive kind of way.

“Jewish people driving German cars” lalalala It’s stuck in my head now. :rainbow:

She makes me feel all funny in my pants…

Whateva!

hand
talk to it

I just downloaded and watched Jesus is Magic. Her approach seems to be to push the envelope to the point where even some jaded, South Park-watching types would be offended. It was pretty edgy at first. “I was raped by a doctor…which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl” is certainly a hell of a way to get everyone’s attention. But as the routine went on, the whole schtick got really tired, which is pretty quick for a 70 minute movie padded with a lot of unfunny filler.

Just as I suspected. I’ll give it a pass. Being back on this side of the Pacific and having access to cable TV and thus having glanced at the various late-night talk shows, I can say with some certainty that anyone who would even agree to appear in public with (lame-o latenight host) Jimmy Kimmel, much less go out with him, is a sad moron who’s probably funny only to Jimmy Kimmel.

just listened to her “virginity” stand up routine. Slap head shield face funny.

Must be the bit that begins “I didn’t lose my virginity until I was 26… 19 vaginally.” :smiley:

I still haven’t seen Jesus is Magic yet, but did manage to download a few more clips online. There’s some stuff on YouTube (I’m getting more and more addicted to that site), like “Give the Jew Girl Toys” -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwQyfUatwwY&search=sarah%20silverman[/i]