Saudi Arabia reportedly shuts down half its oil production after drone attack

"President Trump on Sunday said it’s incorrect to report that he’s willing to meet with Iran with “no conditions,” contradicting what multiple top administration officials have said in recent days.

“The Fake News is saying that I am willing to meet with Iran, ‘No Conditions.’ That is an incorrect statement (as usual!),” Trump tweeted without elaborating further.

“The president has made very clear he is prepared to meet with no preconditions,” Pompeo told reporters during a press conference alongside Mnuchin when asked about a possible meeting in New York."

Who ya gonna believe, President Trump or Sec. Pompeo, Sec. Mnuchin, and your own lyin’ eyes? I’m sure the usual suspects here will be quite willing to deny their own eyes if Dear Leader declares otherwise.

1 Like

So they want war with Iran? One would wish they would not repeat the same mistakes as with Iraq…

Hope it is brief. US forces are quite stretched as it is and the real enemies will take advantage.

Pity, as between the pork crisis, the HK and Xijiang situations and the trade exodus, China could have been kept at bay. But with US engaged in another futile petroleum adventure, the Pacific is theirs for the taking.

Chaos…Their strategy is no strategy…And I think they underestimate the damage Iran can do. Does the US really need to be dragged into another war on the side of the barbaric Saudi Arabia?

The Brits learned very quickly when they got their own ship impounded …What’s next…Eh nothing there can’t be any winner.

But who is “they”? Pretty sure John Bolton would have backed a war, the John McCain types (establishment Republicans) would. I don’t think any of the Democrats wanted a war with Iran establishment or otherwise, pallets of cash and weak deals was their thing.

I don’t think Trump want’s a war, honestly. Pretty sure the vast majority of his supporters don’t either, so, wouldn’t expect an invasion of Iran on Saudi Arabias say so, “locked and loaded” comments or not.

He might not be looking for it but it’s a definite possibility of pushing Iran into a corner and of allying too closely with Saudi Arabia which has been causing havoc in Yemen.
Actually the oil fields and refineries there are extremely vulnerable to any war.

Do people think Iran will be attacked and not retaliate by wiping out all of the Saudis vital infrastructure too and not block up the whole Persian gulf ? Pretty naive.

If that’s what a bunch of drones can do…and I guess the message is percolating now slowly…

And if Iran is attached by the US directly that’s a declaration of war and actually the US and it’s citizens are not any safer are they ?

This is all unnecessary conflict in the making. I don’t think the Saudis will win any war against Iran even with a lot of expensive hardware. They need that oil to keep flowing…

All the media keep emphasising its a US Iran conflict but actually it’s a Sunni vs Shia, Arab vs Persian conflict in reality. Iran and the Saudis have been steadily escalating this conflict in Yemen and now a major attack in Saudi itself (it could be the Saudi Emir himself ordered the bombing in the hope to drag the Americans into his game and attack Iran for them …Remember this is the same guy that ordered a dissident to be chopped up and lied blatantly about it…Trustworthy…No! )

Some background

BBC News - Why Saudi Arabia and Iran are bitter rivals

Shias vs. Sunnis, kind of simple to remember

1 Like

Doesn’t Saudi Arabia have the upper hand in a conflict, as they are «guardians» of the Mecca?

Also Persians vs Arabs. People forget Iranians are mostly Persian and not Arab.

1 Like

My only thought when I heard the news was ‘stock market’

What’s your master plan mr. Jones … try and bribe the Iranians with a plane load of cash if they “ promise “ to be good boys :smirk:? I think Trump has actually been more restrained than Hillary would have been … but yeah Orangeman bad . I wish they would just fight it out between themselves in the Middle East but too many outside interests involved , so people are forced to take a side . I thought the USA was self sufficient in oil , but it’s the wrong type of oil … or maybe refinery issues , but seems they still need the Saudi stuff for cars , in California at least I read

Tesla must be going off :money_mouth_face:

/s

1 Like