Scam alert: Norton purchase

I just received an email claiming to be from Norton saying I had purchased their subscription for a year at about 300 USD. THIS IS A SCAM, DO NOT CALL THE PROVIDED NUMBER.

I did a quick google and Norton only sends out emails from a short list of addresses, none of them gmail.

This is the suspicious email. Note the gmail address:

2 Likes

Well, obviously…? Is this the first time you’ve received a scam email? I don’t see the connection to Forumosa, tbh.

1 Like

Thank you for trusing Norton.

2 Likes

This is quite an unconvincing scam attempt

• sent from Gmail
  • bad grammar
  • did not use stolen graphics

1/10

They are fishing for really clueless people. They want them to call and give personal information over the phone. This will be used or sold to other scammers for further scam attempts e.g. ‘Microsoft’ calling them out of the blue because they have a virus! :grin:

Since it was send from Gmail I would recommend reporting it to Google. That account will be nuked in no time.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, did your email client flag the email as dangerous or spam in any way?

That’s how these scams work. They don’t want to put in the time and effort to convince the more knowledgeable people. They want the ones who respond to that despite the bad grammar and Gmail address.

1 Like

No it didn’t, which is why I posted this. I also sent a report to Norton too.

1 Like

Make sure you mark it as spam in your email client too, that actually goes somewhere and makes a difference.

1 Like